Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase sapphire rejection

tag
shasta
Regular Contributor

Chase sapphire rejection

As I continue to try and rebuild, I got approved for an AMEX account yesterday and was feeling good, so I decided to apply for a Chase sapphire card.

I applied online and was told "further clarification needed. In the next 30 days you will receive either a rejection letter or an approval letter."

I've read on these forums that some people have called customer service and disputed the rejection and ended up getting approved.

Who would I call for that?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sublimemoment

Re: Chase sapphire rejection

Call one of the backdoor numbers on the front page.  There are several for chase so you will just have to try them until you get a person and not an automated response.

Message 2 of 7
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

One of these might work: 1-888-245-0625 or 1-888-270-2127. I had luck with the first number, others have had luck with the second.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 7
shasta
Regular Contributor

OK, thanks.

I'll call in the morning and update.

I only have 1 current open credit card (cap one, $750 limit), plus the new AMEX card. I thought that 1 more credit card might help boost my scores. My true scores, not FAKO, have been around the same for about 18 months.

Message 4 of 7
shasta
Regular Contributor

I forgot to ask this question, I'm on work payroll for about another 2 weeks. That's another reason that I'm pushing to get a new credit card.

When I do a recon, should I tell them that I was laid off, effective June 1st, or not mention it. If they call for employment verification, I'm not sure what HR will say.

Message 5 of 7
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

One of these might work: 1-888-245-0625 or 1-888-270-2127. I had luck with the first number, others have had luck with the second.

1-888-245-0625 was the better # to call, for me, when I had to call in about my CLI request that was not approved instantly due to a credit freeze on my EX.

Message 6 of 7
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

@shasta wrote:

I forgot to ask this question, I'm on work payroll for about another 2 weeks. That's another reason that I'm pushing to get a new credit card.

When I do a recon, should I tell them that I was laid off, effective June 1st, or not mention it. If they call for employment verification, I'm not sure what HR will say.

I'm assuming you already have new employment lined up? Otherwise it might be a little bit of bad timing to be apping for a card at all, let alone the Sapphire. No sense asking for bad debt if you can avoid it, but I'm saying this without knowing if or what you've planned as your contingency. With only the Capital One card you may have been better off trying for the Slate or Freedom... not sure if you can ask for recon on those fronts, some can PC down for an approval, others will refuse to without another hard pull (yes I'm looking at you jergoffs over at CapOne).

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.