Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase secure message - beware...

tag
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase secure message - beware...

Yea it does qualify to get a free report cuz of fact Chase HP your EXP report or at least that was what quizzle told you.. Maybe you either answer the security questions wrong or EXP server's down...You should try tomorrow again.... And yeah its a good lesson to learn. I was planning to send a secured message requesting a CLI via SP when my chase freedom hits 6 months but now you've posted this.. I don't think i'm going to do it... Since here in Colorado they usually pull EXP for everything and my EXP report has a good amount of inquiries in the last 2 years..
Message 21 of 50
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Would you call Chase?  After yesterdays Experian pull without my consent  and the promise to remove the HP from EX,  I just got  an alert from Equifax and yes Chase pulled my CR today again and  still without my consent !!! What the hell is Chase doing to me...do I need to expect a 3rd pull on TU tomorrow ? How  can I stop this nightmare?

Message 22 of 50
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Jeez. Maybe the other dept they sent it to for the conversion is pulling your cr.
Message 23 of 50
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Whenever you seek credit be ready for HP. Asking for CLI is considered seeking credit. It is written on terms & condition that most people didn't bother to read. Just because AMEX does SP for CLI request doesn't mean Chase will follow it.

My advice, just leave it. You cannot expect customer representitive to know the difference between HP & SP. Most of them are just taking minimum wages; hence they received minimum training.

Message 24 of 50
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Would you call Chase?  After yesterdays Experian pull without my consent  and the promise to remove the HP from EX,  I just got  an alert from Equifax and yes Chase pulled my CR today again and  still without my consent !!! What the hell is Chase doing to me...do I need to expect a 3rd pull on TU tomorrow ? How  can I stop this nightmare?

I'm so sorry this is happening to you... Yes you should definitilly call Chase and ask them what's the reason for them to pull your reports without your permission.... It seems weird to me they did that for just a CLI but yeah they can do that since you're seeking credit  but  they shouldn't HP your reports since you didn't authorized to them to do that... my uncle requested a CLI in December he indeed got a HP in EXP (He was aware of that) but they didn't double or tripe pull his reports just EXP

Message 25 of 50
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@mnavas wrote:

I'm so sorry this is happening to you... Yes you should definitilly call Chase and ask them what's the reason for them to pull your reports without your permission.... It seems weird to me they did that for just a CLI but yeah they can do that since you're seeking credit  but  they shouldn't HP your reports since you didn't authorized to them to do that... my uncle requested a CLI in December he indeed got a HP in EXP (He was aware of that) but they didn't double or tripe pull his reports just EXP

Actually no. Your terms and condition also states that Chase may pull your credit report. And by using the card, you agree to terms and condition. So Chase already has your consent.

Message 26 of 50
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@mnavas wrote:

Actually no. Your terms and condition also states that Chase may pull your credit report. And by using the card, you agree to terms and condition. So Chase already has your consent.

Yeah but OP said he specifically told chase to not HP his/her reports through the secured message ... so it was chase obligation to warn OP- they wouldn't be able to grant a CLI increase without HP his/her reports....

Message 27 of 50
bribro
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

LOL! Only on MyFico does a pair of hard inquiries qualify as a "nightmare." Calm down. Call the executive line (U.S.-based) and explain the situation. This is not the end of the world.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 28 of 50
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

It even gets better. I called Chase and they said they only pulled Experian and will reverse. CL is already reversed from 4,5K to 4K. But today I got another alert for an Equifax pull and Chase claims they never pulled EQ?! Who could this be First USA in OH? To my opinion Chase!

This is the once Chase confirms to have done and that will be reversed. They did not read my message Smiley Sad

Experian.jpg

But here comes the very strange part. Equifax does show this HP from First USA and Chase denies it?

Equifax.jpg

Message 29 of 50
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

LOL! Only on MyFico does a pair of hard inquiries qualify as a "nightmare." Calm down. Call the executive line (U.S.-based) and explain the situation. This is not the end of the world.

It is for me. I just got a Barclays Arrival card and in December 12 I had a total of 2 cards with total of CL 8,5K!! Now 6 months later 8 cards with 58,5K and we all know how inquiry sensitive Barclays is. I love this card and I do not want any AA on this card for a lumpy CLI of 0,5K for Chase Smiley Sad   - I explicitely wrote that if they cannot offer a CLI of 1K from 4K to 5K with a SP then under no circumstance HP. This message was clear but they did not read it. They will now reverse the HP on EX but claim they never pulled EQ!  Wonder who the hell did this yesterday then if not Chase. 

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.