Established Member
BallaOnnaBudget

Chase showing some interest... so tempted!!!

So in Nov. 2011 I the only card I had in my wallet was a Cap1 with a crappy $200 limit.  My credit score was 700 due to my car payment but my AAoA was only 7 months.  I applied for a Chase Freedom thinking that they would give me a shot because of my checking /savings accts with them.  No dice auto decline (not enough accts and not enough history the reasons).  Fast forward to April 2012 at the one year mark of my Cap 1 card and a score of 796 TU 735 EQ.  I first applied for Apple Barclays instant approval 1300. Still had the itch in May so i applied for a Discover More, instant approval 2500. Both great feelings!!!

So last night I log into my Chase Accounts and what do I see.... a pre-approval for the Chase Freedom!!  I resisted the urge to pull the trigger as I have forced myself into the garden till Nov. 2012 when I will apply for the Freedom and a Kay/Jeweler card.

Do you guys think I should pull the trigger on the Pre-Approval or wait for the 6 month CLI on my Apple and Discover cards then go after the final 2 cards in my 2012 - 2013 CC goal list??

New Contributor
KesMoosa

Re: Chase showing some interest... so tempted!!!

I would wait atleast 6 months because I hear Barclays is really picky for new accounts. YMMV

Cap1 500 Chase Freedom 5K Discover More 1.5K Amex Zync NPSL AMEX Hilton HHonors 2K
Utilization 7%
Tu Fico: 718 ( Disover More App 4/26/12)
Exp Fico 707 (Amex Pull 4/28/12)
Equifax Fico 681 (Chase 4/26/12 Pull)
Established Contributor
learnin113

You deserve to get your Chase Freedom, but that pesky Barclays is a joy killer.  Beware!

Frequent Contributor
hedgeclipper2

Chase is showing pre-approvals online now?  How awesome, although I doubt i will ever see one lol.  I already have 5 Chase cards, there aren't many they have that I don't already have.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
Valued Contributor
discernment

hedgeclipper2 wrote:

Chase is showing pre-approvals online now?

This is news to me too.  Where do you see it on the website?

Husband's Current Score: EX 691 CUSC; EQ 694; TU 687; Mine: EX 773 (AMEX); EQ 720; TU 750
Wallet Contents: SECURED: Capital One Platinum Mastercard, US Bank Harley Davidson Visa, USAA Bank American Express;
UNSECURED: Chase Freedom; USAA Cash Rewards World Mastercard, Discover More, CUSC Platinum Rewards Visa, American Express Zinc, American Express Blue Cash Preferred, Amazon Card, Walmart Discover Card
Regular Contributor
stefanc

discernment wrote:

hedgeclipper2 wrote:

Wondering that myself! I know I have pre-approvals if I go in a branch and ask, but I've never seen them online.

Valued Member
parkerwilson

I constantly hear about this Barclay issue but I added 3 cards within 4 months of getting my barclay card and suffered zero issues, YMMV i guess

Starting Score: 550 (May 2011)
Current Score: TU FICO 671 (walmart), EQ FICO 658, EX Plus 644 (May 2012)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Blogger
FrugalRican

parkerwilson wrote:

I constantly hear about this Barclay issue but I added 3 cards within 4 months of getting my barclay card and suffered zero issues, YMMV i guess

The magic sometimes happens at Month 6.

Not trying to scare you, but that's what I've read.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Valued Member
parkerwilson

[ Edited ]

I am at month 9, hope all is well

Starting Score: 550 (May 2011)
Current Score: TU FICO 671 (walmart), EQ FICO 658, EX Plus 644 (May 2012)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
BallaOnnaBudget

discernment wrote:

hedgeclipper2 wrote:

Wondering that myself! I know I have pre-approvals if I go in a branch and ask, but I've never seen them online.

Yes once I entered my my login ID and password on Chase.com a screen popped up saying that I had been pre approved for a chase freedom.  Maybe it was a new thing for their customers.  I declined and was taken to my Accounts screen.  But when I applied the first time I did so through my Chase.com account so maybe they were keeping an eye on me.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}