cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase showing some interest... so tempted!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase showing some interest... so tempted!!!

So in Nov. 2011 I the only card I had in my wallet was a Cap1 with a crappy $200 limit.  My credit score was 700 due to my car payment but my AAoA was only 7 months.  I applied for a Chase Freedom thinking that they would give me a shot because of my checking /savings accts with them.  No dice auto decline (not enough accts and not enough history the reasons).  Fast forward to April 2012 at the one year mark of my Cap 1 card and a score of 796 TU 735 EQ.  I first applied for Apple Barclays instant approval 1300. Still had the itch in May so i applied for a Discover More, instant approval 2500. Both great feelings!!!

So last night I log into my Chase Accounts and what do I see.... a pre-approval for the Chase Freedom!!  I resisted the urge to pull the trigger as I have forced myself into the garden till Nov. 2012 when I will apply for the Freedom and a Kay/Jeweler card.

Do you guys think I should pull the trigger on the Pre-Approval or wait for the 6 month CLI on my Apple and Discover cards then go after the final 2 cards in my 2012 - 2013 CC goal list??

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase showing some interest... so tempted!!!

I would wait atleast 6 months because I hear Barclays is really picky for new accounts. YMMV

Message 2 of 11
learnin113
Established Contributor

You deserve to get your Chase Freedom, but that pesky Barclays is a joy killer.  Beware!

Message 3 of 11
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Chase is showing pre-approvals online now?  How awesome, although I doubt i will ever see one lol.  I already have 5 Chase cards, there aren't many they have that I don't already have.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

hedgeclipper2 wrote:

Chase is showing pre-approvals online now?

This is news to me too.  Where do you see it on the website?

Message 5 of 11
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:

Wondering that myself! I know I have pre-approvals if I go in a branch and ask, but I've never seen them online.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I constantly hear about this Barclay issue but I added 3 cards within 4 months of getting my barclay card and suffered zero issues, YMMV i guess

Message 7 of 11
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

I constantly hear about this Barclay issue but I added 3 cards within 4 months of getting my barclay card and suffered zero issues, YMMV i guess

The magic sometimes happens at Month 6.

Not trying to scare you, but that's what I've read.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am at month 9, hope all is well

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:

Wondering that myself! I know I have pre-approvals if I go in a branch and ask, but I've never seen them online.

Yes once I entered my my login ID and password on Chase.com a screen popped up saying that I had been pre approved for a chase freedom.  Maybe it was a new thing for their customers.  I declined and was taken to my Accounts screen.  But when I applied the first time I did so through my Chase.com account so maybe they were keeping an eye on me.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.