Not applicable

Re: Chase shut me down...

@Aarvard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

Yikes sorry to hear!Smiley Sad It seems that the MS is what did it for them, that is something that should always be avoided with Chase.

Maybe, maybe not.  Depends on what type of MS as $4500 really isnt enough to get their dander up.  

Right, it depends on what triggered a closer look by their PRR unit.  It could be a combination of MS, excessive apps in a short period and the adding of multiple AUs.  But, this is not unusual for Chase depending on what caused the closures.  Hopefully, you can get the accounts reinstated, but be prepared in the event they decide to keep them closed.  Good luck!

I think I know the cause know: my authorized user on my CSP and me applying for too many Chase cards at once. He just got shutdown...

I don't think it is the authorized user.  Any card closed with an authorized user also shuts the authorized user's card automatically.

He is an authorized user only on my CSP. His IHG, Hyatt and Marriott cards got shutdown today.

What is the reason for his closure? Also, how soon did he apply for his cards?  Was it at the same time as yours? Do you see where I am going with this question?

Message 41 of 154
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Aarvard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

Yikes sorry to hear!Smiley Sad It seems that the MS is what did it for them, that is something that should always be avoided with Chase.

Maybe, maybe not.  Depends on what type of MS as $4500 really isnt enough to get their dander up.  

Right, it depends on what triggered a closer look by their PRR unit.  It could be a combination of MS, excessive apps in a short period and the adding of multiple AUs.  But, this is not unusual for Chase depending on what caused the closures.  Hopefully, you can get the accounts reinstated, but be prepared in the event they decide to keep them closed.  Good luck!

I think I know the cause know: my authorized user on my CSP and me applying for too many Chase cards at once. He just got shutdown...

I don't think it is the authorized user.  Any card closed with an authorized user also shuts the authorized user's card automatically.

He is an authorized user only on my CSP. His IHG, Hyatt and Marriott cards got shutdown today.

Hmm, very interesting.  Does he live at same address?

Yep.

Wow OP.  I ummmm... ummmmm... yeah.

Message 42 of 154
Aarvard
Established Contributor

What is the reason for his closure? Also, how soon did he apply for his cards?  Was it at the same time as yours? Do you see where I am going with this question?

He hasn't called yet. He applied for the cards around the same time I applied for mine.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 43 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aarvard wrote:

He hasn't called yet. He applied for the cards around the same time I applied for mine.

That is the connection right there.  Between the two of you, you applied for 8 cards if I counting right at the same time so there is the correlation about his closures also.  Let us know what Chase tells him as a reason for the closures.

Message 44 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the 8 cards, in a reasonably short timeframe... They could suspect fraud as well.. (Even thought hat is obviously not the case)

Message 45 of 154
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Did your AU do MS too?
Message 46 of 154
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:
Did your AU do MS too?

Not really.

Message 47 of 154
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Aarvard wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:
Did your AU do MS too?

Not really.

So yes, but to an extent?  Because "not really" doesn't indicate no.  Well, I suppose now both of your accounts might be under a microscope.  Imma get me some tacos and continue the reading.

Message 48 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aarvard wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:
Did your AU do MS too?

Not really.

Sorry to hear.. What were the limits on his/her cards?

Message 49 of 154
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:
Did your AU do MS too?

Not really.

Sorry to hear.. What were the limits on his/her cards?

12k each.

Message 50 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.