Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase slate balance transfer offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase slate balance transfer offer

I have slate card for about 3 years now. Yesterday chase send me an email offer for 0 interest for 12 months on balance transfer.
I am wondering if I do the balance transfer from my other card to my existing chase slate, is chase gonna do a HP on me?
Any info from people who done balance transfer to existing card would be greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase slate balance transfer offer

@Anonymous wrote:
I have slate card for about 3 years now. Yesterday chase send me an email offer for 0 interest for 12 months on balance transfer.
I am wondering if I do the balance transfer from my other card to my existing chase slate, is chase gonna do a HP on me?
Any info from people who done balance transfer to existing card would be greatly appreciated

Assuming that your other card isnt from Chase as well which in that case they wont allow the BT, Chase won't do a HP if you take advantage of the BT offer.

Message 2 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

just like Irish said, they wont do a hardpull to bt you. some lenders like penfed in their jargon make it sound like they are going to do a pull on your credit but they dont. they may soft pull your credit. when ive done a bt with Cap1 before I immediately would get an alert from experian saying my idenity may be at risk, a new application with cap1 but its just them soft pulling my report. nice that chase send you a 0% offer on your old slate. may question if chase would do that down the road as the card is only good for that reason. thanks for the data point! 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks gents for the helpful replies. Really good to know.

Yeah chase been really bad. Never had any cli, this came as a surprise although am not sure I'll take it as my balance low already

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP I've had a Chase Freedom for about 3 hrs with one auto increase (very small) and had to use a hard pull aa year + later to get another one, so I feel your CLI pain. AAnyway, last year they were sending me Slate Prequal offers for that card with a 0% 15 bal transfer month deal, and i finally bit on it in Oct 😃

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.