Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase statement date keeps changing??!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase statement date keeps changing??!!

Okay, so I have only had my chase card for a month (or a little less) and I kid you not, EVERY time I log on to the online account manager my statement date changes.  First it was July 3, then it changed to the 8th, then it changed to the 11th....then it went all the way to the 28th and today it says it's the 9th.  I have made FIVE payments already - PIF everytime I go to the website, because I can't figure out when the h*ll this darn card is going to cut the statement. What's this all about??
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase statement date keeps changing??!!

Not that I have any real insight, but I am in the exact same boat as you with my Chase Amazon Visa, I've had statement close dates that range from July 1 to July 28th since getting the card about halfway through June.

Hopefully someone actually knows what's going on, but if it makes you feel better, you aren't the only one!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does make me feel better. Now I know I am not crazy.
Message 3 of 12
Scamp
Valued Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:
Okay, so I have only had my chase card for a month (or a little less) and I kid you not, EVERY time I log on to the online account manager my statement date changes.  First it was July 3, then it changed to the 8th, then it changed to the 11th....then it went all the way to the 28th and today it says it's the 9th.  I have made FIVE payments already - PIF everytime I go to the website, because I can't figure out when the h*ll this darn card is going to cut the statement. What's this all about??

Call 'em up and ask 'em.  If anybody knows, they will - could be a weird glitch with new accounts or something completely different.  But Chase themselves are your best bet for getting answers.  Give them a ring. Smiley Wink

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them a week ago and they told me what was showing up on the online account was correct...which I believe at that point said the 11th. Though, that has now changed 2x since then. So, their input hardly seems reliable. Though, I tried to call them today via backdoor # from here, but recording said they were closed on Saturdays.
Message 5 of 12
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

It must be something with your account being new.  My statement is always around the 5th and it reports around the 15th.
Message 6 of 12
Scamp
Valued Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:
I called them a week ago and they told me what was showing up on the online account was correct...which I believe at that point said the 11th. Though, that has now changed 2x since then. So, their input hardly seems reliable. Though, I tried to call them today via backdoor # from here, but recording said they were closed on Saturdays.

If no one on here is able to answer your question, you may be stuck with calling them back at the number on the back of your card (I'm not sure the backdoor number would be any real help on this issue) and escalating to a supervisor to find out why it keeps changing. 

If you do end up having to call back, don't be put off with 'what shows online is correct' from the front-line CSR, as that's not answering your real question.  Definitely insist politely on speaking to a supervisor or whatever the next level up is.

Good luck.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay, so I have only had my chase card for a month (or a little less) and I kid you not, EVERY time I log on to the online account manager my statement date changes. First it was July 3, then it changed to the 8th, then it changed to the 11th....then it went all the way to the 28th and today it says it's the 9th. I have made FIVE payments already - PIF everytime I go to the website, because I can't figure out when the h*ll this darn card is going to cut the statement. What's this all about??

I had the same thing happen when my Chase Platinum Visa was brand new. The CSR I spoke with was helpful in enough that she was able to tell me when my statement would cut.

However, the only time I have ever had this issue is when the card was brand new. Once one statement cut, that has never happened again.

My personal advice would be simply to continue to watch it online and you'll know when your statement has actually cut because it will show you having a minimum payment owed. And 1-2 days later you will be able to see the statement online. If your experience is like mine, the system will settle down once your statement cuts.

This info is only based on my personal experience with my Platinum Visa.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

BGMWPD320 wrote:
It must be something with your account being new.  My statement is always around the 5th and it reports around the 15th.

Just to clarify for newbies who may stumble across this statement:

Your card likely reports on the statement date, like all other Chase cards, but it takes up to 10 days or so for the CRAs to update.

Message 9 of 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay, so I have only had my chase card for a month (or a little less) and I kid you not, EVERY time I log on to the online account manager my statement date changes. First it was July 3, then it changed to the 8th, then it changed to the 11th....then it went all the way to the 28th and today it says it's the 9th. I have made FIVE payments already - PIF everytime I go to the website, because I can't figure out when the h*ll this darn card is going to cut the statement. What's this all about??

I had the same thing happen when my Chase Platinum Visa was brand new. The CSR I spoke with was helpful in enough that she was able to tell me when my statement would cut.

However, the only time I have ever had this issue is when the card was brand new. Once one statement cut, that has never happened again.

My personal advice would be simply to continue to watch it online and you'll know when your statement has actually cut because it will show you having a minimum payment owed. And 1-2 days later you will be able to see the statement online. If your experience is like mine, the system will settle down once your statement cuts.

This info is only based on my personal experience with my Platinum Visa.

Exactly my experience. In this regard Chase is tops. My card ALWAYS cuts on the 2nd. Never any doubt and the website updates all activity by 10 that night while most other cards take a few days. Now if I could just get them to give me a nice CL w/o pulling EX ad infinitum they might be my favorite.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.