cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase success! (kinda long story but two great recons!)

tag
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

Chase success! (kinda long story but two great recons!)

So unfortunately, I have a one year old Bengal Cat that my girlfriend got me and on friday he decided to eat a headband hair tie and got stuck in his intestines and stomach. They had to cut him open and get it out costing $4000. (ridiculous I know).

I wanted to use my NFCU Flagship card for the miles, but i figured the interest would kick my butt because I cant PIF. So i applied for the CareCredit credit card and got approved for 3500 and just put most of the cost onto that card because it is 6 months interest free if you PIF within that time. I put $1500 between my flagship and debit card so I wouldnt max out the Care Credit card.

Ive been researching Chase cards a lot lately, as my goal has always been the Southwest CC Premier so I could get the $800 in wannagetaway money so I can see my family in Florida. I know with my 10+ inquries, two old charge offs, and one closed collection account, I'd get shot down by Chase, so I have been telling myself I wont apply. I also hear that they try to match your highest limit on your profile.

Well, my NFCU of 12,500 hasnt reported yet, so I knew they are looking at my $1500 cap one as my highest limit, but I didnt care as long as I got my foot in the door.
The reason I applied today is because I saw the Chase Freedom (i actually went because i heard the Slate was a good BT card but then i saw Freedom had 15 months too!) had the 15 months BT with a 3% fee which is fairly high when it comes down to it but i wanted to security of the extra months if I dont pay off the Care Credit in six months.

So I got declined like I knew I would...I immediately called the Recon number that I found here and I spoke to a super nice guy and he agreed that I have shown positive history the past few years, and he would look past my old mistakes. I even told him I used to apply for anything and everything because I didnt know inquires were with you for two years. He decided to approve me (match my Cap one limit) for $1500!! Yes this doesnt come close to my NFCU 12.5K, but i can still transfer the balance and its a good foot in the door.

Then i told him the real reason I want to be with Chase is because of the Southwest Card. He said the worst they can do is deny me if I apply again (with a HP). I said screw it and applied knowing I would be declined again. I immediately called back and gave my backstory again to a different person who declined it again. So I waited 5 minutes and called again and spoke to the man who approved my Freedom card...guess what..he said the minimum limit on the Southwest Premier card is $2000 so I figured I was screwed since they would be going higher than my highest limit (since NFCU hasnt posted). He came back and said he would approve me for the minimum of $2000 for the southwest card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes these limits arent the best, but my goal has been achieved of the Southwest card and I will finally see my family late this year! What a great feeling! I almost dare myself to enter the garden for the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!

Here is the best part!...he says, "YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK AT MYFICO.COM. THEY HAVE SOME REALLY GREAT INFORMATION ON THERE FOR REBUILDING AND GENERAL CREDIT KNOWLEDGE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I smiled immediately because he is so right and thats where i literally got 99% of my knowledge.

Thank you to everyone!

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase success! (kinda long story but two great recons!)

HUGE CONGRATS!

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 2 of 16
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Congrats, now time to get into the garden! 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 16
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

thank you!!! Im really trying to convince myself I can go to the garden, but I dont want to say it if I wont follow through!!! I really dont have any reason not to though!! Except maybe a CLI once my NFCU 12.5 k posts, but i dont want another HP from Chase. I can just use my SW card and PIF more than once a month if I have to. AHHH! scared of the garden haha

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 4 of 16
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, the freedom is a great card, unfortunately mine is maxed out sorta, but that's great....what are your scores if you don't mind me asking
Message 5 of 16
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations!!! It's a great feeling to be approved for something that you really want. Now, off to the garden with you!

And what a cool shout-out to the myFICO forums! He's right of course... these boards rock!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 16
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! Chase has some awesome recon reps! 

Also take good care of your cat, don't want him ending up in the hospital again. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 7 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on your success. I personally love chase. Enjoy your new card

Message 8 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Chase is awesome!!!!

Looks like they like to keep most customers happy!! Lol :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about the high vet bill, hope you Bengal makes a complete recovery!

Congrats on your double success with Chase, that's great! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.