Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase temporary CLI??

tag
osudelt00
Valued Member

Chase temporary CLI??

Hi All,

I need insight to this one as I didnt expect this. I have had a chase freedom card for a year now with no CLI, also no periodic account reviews on my credit report since October 2012. A couple of days ago I sent a secure message to Chase making sure that everything was kosher with my account as I have never been late and I am currently sitting at 20% utilization. (My credit limit is $500.00) I recieved the response that many of you have on here stateing that they would need to do a hard pull. I waited a few days and responded that I couldnt risk a hard pull at this time so I will wait, but I reiterated to them I felt it was odd that I am sitting at such a low limit and it doesnt appear that my accout has been reviewed. 

This entire conversation was done by secure message. Well this morning I wake up and I recieved a TEMPORARY credit line increase for 60 days to $1000.00.. lol.. It will revert back to the $500.00 in July.. Now yes I am grateful but I really dont understand the logic of a temporary increase. 

What do yall think, Do you think they just did that so they would have time to do a SP?? I'm lost with this one.. 

Starting Score: 550
Current Score EQ: 688 Sep/7/13
Current Score TU: 686 Sep/7/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase temporary CLI??

@osudelt00 wrote:

Hi All,

I need insight to this one as I didnt expect this. I have had a chase freedom card for a year now with no CLI, also no periodic account reviews on my credit report since October 2012. A couple of days ago I sent a secure message to Chase making sure that everything was kosher with my account as I have never been late and I am currently sitting at 20% utilization. (My credit limit is $500.00) I recieved the response that many of you have on here stateing that they would need to do a hard pull. I waited a few days and responded that I couldnt risk a hard pull at this time so I will wait, but I reiterated to them I felt it was odd that I am sitting at such a low limit and it doesnt appear that my accout has been reviewed. 

This entire conversation was done by secure message. Well this morning I wake up and I recieved a TEMPORARY credit line increase for 60 days to $1000.00.. lol.. It will revert back to the $500.00 in July.. Now yes I am grateful but I really dont understand the logic of a temporary increase. 

What do yall think, Do you think they just did that so they would have time to do a SP?? I'm lost with this one.. 

I've never hear of temporary CLI's with Chase. I would call and get details about it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 12
osudelt00
Valued Member

I found it odd myself.. I may give them a ring in a week or so not to jinx anything that possibly is going on in the background.. 

Message 3 of 12
osudelt00
Valued Member

Message 4 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Maybe they are doing it to test you?! Don't fall for it!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 12
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 6 of 12
osudelt00
Valued Member

LMAO.. No I'm not falling for it.. Just seems pointless for it to revert back in July.. ah well.. I will still treat it as a $500.00 limit card. 

Message 7 of 12
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 8 of 12
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Bait and switch? What is your APR? 

Message 9 of 12
rex_03
Contributor

Possibly to see if you can manage a higher limit? I wouldn't think so though.. Either grant a CLI, or dont. It is odd either way.. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.