Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase to Chase BT Loophole?

tag
Matt4776

Chase to Chase BT Loophole?

Hey Guys,

I have two Chase Cards (Disney and Amazon) and now I recently got the Freedom. 

I have a relatively high balance from school-related expenses on my Disney and Freedom, and the financial aid department at my school made a mistake and I'm not getting my FA payment until Jan 1st.

Obviously, both of these accounts are high APR accounts, and I was wondering if there was any loophole that allowed me to transfer my balances to my 0% APR Freedom card.

Thanks in advance!

~Matt

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase to Chase BT Loophole?

In a previous life,

I charged up my Sapphire to meet the minimum spend. Then I BT'd to Cap1 I believe. Then I BT'd Cap1 balance over to Slate to get 0% on the bill. I don't remember the end result in fees, if there were any at all. But it's an option if you have non-Chase cards.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

No Chase to Chase loophole unless they issue bt checks that you can deposit and the pay off your other cc.
Message 3 of 8
joshy
Valued Member

Get citi simplicity OR citi thank you for 15 or 18 month 0% APR  BT  

Credit Cards:Amex BCE $5K. Amex costco $15K,Chase Freedom $1K, Discover $4K,Discover it $1.7K Cap1 $2.5K, Cap1 $1.5K, Cap1 visa $1K, BBRZMC $300, BNFL $1450, Cap1 $2K. BRCU $1K.chevrom visa $3.3K, toyrus visa $6.3K,walmart DC$2.4k,Gap vs$4k

Store Card.Walmart $3.3K,Amazon $3.5K, Old Navy $4.7K, KOHLS $500, The Children's Place $325. Target $700, Express $1.15K. paypal SC $1.8K, MACYS $2.5k
Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
No Chase to Chase loophole unless they issue bt checks that you can deposit and the pay off your other cc.

+1 agreed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 8
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Correct me if I am wrong but you should be able to take your Freedom card and buy a money order at a Wal-Mart Money Center Kiosk.  Then take that money order and pay your other card.  That way you get the 0% for the purchase.  Don't know if those kiosks still accept credit cards but they used to.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 6 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Depending on the amounts involved, you can charge all monthly expenses to the Chase Freedom and then pay off the cards with the higher APR in lieu of paying off the Freedom, thereby effectively doing a BT with no fees.  Also, you can send $1000 per month via Amazon Payments via CC with no fees.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

@Simi, you'd first have to buy a debit gift card like One Vanilla visa. The Bancorp ones have worked for me. Then use that to purchase the money order.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.