Did you mean: 

Chase to purchase Wamu?

tag
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: Chase to purchase Wamu?

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

Hmm... gets me thinking. So if I pick up a few thousand plummeting shares of Wamu at a ridiculously low price, and Chase buys them out, I now have thousands of shares of prime Chase stock? Smiley Happy Die Wamu Die!

Exactly. I was thinking about doing the same with Amex since their stock is also falling. Amex doesn't have massive debt with subprime mortgages, so I am sure they will rebound.

The WAMU idea sounds good also. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to buy it. I have no clue how to buy stocks.

There are many online services in which you can purchase stock for a small fee, such as etrade and scottrade.

A coworker of mine just brought up a funny suggestion.  Purchase Wamu stock with my Wamu credit card.  It's like investing in them with their own money. LOL!
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aftermath wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

Hmm... gets me thinking. So if I pick up a few thousand plummeting shares of Wamu at a ridiculously low price, and Chase buys them out, I now have thousands of shares of prime Chase stock? Smiley Happy Die Wamu Die!

Exactly. I was thinking about doing the same with Amex since their stock is also falling. Amex doesn't have massive debt with subprime mortgages, so I am sure they will rebound.

The WAMU idea sounds good also. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to buy it. I have no clue how to buy stocks.

There are many online services in which you can purchase stock for a small fee, such as etrade and scottrade.

A coworker of mine just brought up a funny suggestion.  Purchase Wamu stock with my Wamu credit card.  It's like investing in them with their own money. LOL!

That might work if you take a cash advance, but you probably don't want to do that.  Brokerage firms will only let you fund your account with cold, hard cash, not with credit.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH! so thats what all those checks they keep sending me is for!!! Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy
Message 23 of 25
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Well in the past i included Providian bank,and Wamu in my BK ? 
So my question is do you think Chase Bank will black list whom ever filed BK on Providian,and Wamu if they take over ?

Message Edited by creditdream on 07-28-2008 03:20 PM
Message 24 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@aftermath wrote:

@fused wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

So if Chase purchases Wamu, does that mean my cruddy little Wamu card will potentially become a Chase card?

I say let's hope not.Smiley Happy

Why not? I would think people would prefer having a Chase over a Wamu, especially if it is automatically converted over.

Though I can't comment on the quality of WaMU's customer service , I can with Chase. I think Chase should look to Amex or BoA for help on improving the quality of their customer service. Chase, in my experience, does not aim to please. If could kick them to the curb, I would, but my Chase Visa is my oldest TL. 
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.