Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase united card Instant Approval 20K limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase united card Instant Approval 20K limit

My DW applied for the chase united mileage explorer card last week and it was an instant approval showing $5K limit.

Got the card today and to our suprise the limit is $20K, which matches her USAA world card limit.

Cant believe chase gave her that limit considering they gave her just  $400 on the slate card barely 10 months back and denied her for a freedom 2 times.

I dont get their underwriting policies.

We are very excited and it was a 65k targetted offer....so she went for it.

Pulled TU with a 768 fico AAOA 4.2 years

current cards

Slate $400

USAA $20,000

Citi $5500

Amex BLUE $6000 and DELTA $2000

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Chase united card Instant Approval 20K limit

Wow. Im speechless. Congrats

Message 2 of 11
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My DW applied for the chase united mileage explorer card last week and it was an instant approval showing $5K limit.

Got the card today and to our suprise the limit is $20K, which matches her USAA world card limit.

Cant believe chase gave her that limit considering they gave her just  $400 on the slate card barely 10 months back and denied her for a freedom 2 times.

current cards

Slate $400

USAA $20,000

Citi $5500

I just talked to Chase today. The rep made a comment that they like to match the highest limit card on file. In my case I had a 5k limit on my report, so they gave me a 5k limit on the freedom card. I am sure this is not fact, but it may give you some idea of their underwriting theory.

A lot can change in 10 months.

Congrats.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Wow......

CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 11
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

current cards

Slate $400

USAA $20,000

Citi $5500

I just talked to Chase today. The rep made a comment that they like to match the highest limit card on file. In my case I had a 5k limit on my report, so they gave me a 5k limit on the freedom card. I am sure this is not fact, but it may give you some idea of their underwriting theory.

A lot can change in 10 months.

Congrats.

Can depend on a lot of factors.  Chase recently approved me for Freedom for $5500.  My highest at the time was my Amex SPG at $27K.  I had a previous card that Chase had to shut down when I fell behind a few years back.  I caught up before it was charged off and paid the balance in full, so they let me back in but they weren't rushing to match my highest limit.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

WOOT!!! this is awesome.

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 6 of 11
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Wow, Congrats. I guess DW made some kind of happydance. Smiley Very Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 7 of 11
EandK23
Regular Contributor

That's awesome!  Congrats! 

Message 8 of 11
djrez4
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I really hope Chase surprises me by matching my Discover card when the CSP arrives this week.

Message 9 of 11
djrez4
Established Contributor

Not sure how my response got stuck in the quote there.  I blame the iPad.

EDIT: fixed my post above.  Disregard.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.