Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase united explorer card.....OMG

tag
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Chase united explorer card.....OMG

I received an offer in the mail, 50k miles upon spending 1000 within first month + additional miles for adding AU and something else I can't quite remember. I was sooooo thinking I wouldn't get approved as in the past I had tried for the chase continental card and never got it. But I fly almost exclusively with them a few times a year so I've really wanted this card for a long time....and not only did I get approved but its by far the biggest credit limit yet. Instantly approved for 10k. OMG!!! My highest CL before was a Barclays card that just got increased on saturday to 2k so I doubt it's even showing up yet so I didn't think I would get more than that if I even got approved. 

All of the frustration with low limit cards and just paying consistently has finally paid off....totally doing the happy dance at work in my office woohoo!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase united explorer card.....OMG

Wow, congrats!  I'm a loyal United flyer as well.  I really want this card but I don't make enough money.  I know my parents will be very interested in this card.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 2 of 19
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Im jealous. Congrats

Message 3 of 19
JustJen
Regular Contributor

@sakhalin070 wrote:

Wow, congrats!  I'm a loyal United flyer as well.  I really want this card but I don't make enough money.  I know my parents will be very interested in this card.

You have such a high score, is Chase sensitive to income? Maybe my income is what put me over the edge b/c I really thought I wasn't going to get since I had been denied before. My income hasn't changed that much, but my score and what's in my credit report has changed drastically. I do still have a few negative items on there so I was worried that would keep me from getting approved as I heard Chase was hard to get in with. 

Message 4 of 19
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 19
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I think there is a 65K mile bonus floating around the web. If you can find it still shoot them a secure message to see if Chase will match. Good luck and Congrats!
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 6 of 19
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

@JustJen wrote:

@sakhalin070 wrote:

You have such a high score, is Chase sensitive to income? Maybe my income is what put me over the edge b/c I really thought I wasn't going to get since I had been denied before. My income hasn't changed that much, but my score and what's in my credit report has changed drastically. I do still have a few negative items on there so I was worried that would keep me from getting approved as I heard Chase was hard to get in with. 

I could be wrong, but I heard that income plays a role especially for something like the CSP or this United card (both the CSP and the United Explorer have $95 annual fees).  If I do get approved though, my limit will probably be low.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 7 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats 2 u!

Message 8 of 19
Nyru
Valued Member

Income does play a roll with Chase. My sister applied for a Sapphire with a TU 747, EXP 750. Her rejection was based soley on income. She's a student making $12K a year.

Starting Score (2/15/13): EX (fako) 583// EQ FICO 634// TU FICO 658
Current Score (5/27/14): EX FICO 719// EQ FICO 742// TU FICO 729
Goal Scores: 740 on all.
CSP- 10K, United mileage explorer- 9k, Freedom- 5k, Barclays Arrival+ W.E.- 5k, Nordstrom- 6k, Chase Hyatt- 5k, Discover it- 5k, Slate- 4.5k, Amex Blue Cash- 1k.
Message 9 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.