cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase uses same credit report for two cards?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Chase uses same credit report for two cards?

I applied for a CSP card was denied and reconned and was denied. They pulled experian (and also TU) and created a chase credit score of 728 out of a scale of 100-990. Not sure if that score is any good for me. I applied for a chase freedom about a week and a half later. I called in while the application was still pending and was approved. When I got my Freedom paperwork I noticed they based everything off the EXP report and the Chase score they used was calculated back when I applied for the CSP. I had asked Chase Recon before if I applied for a new card would it result in another HP and they had told me yes, but a second inquiry did not show on EXP or TU for Chase and the Freedom paperwork clearly says they used EXP for this card. It looks like they used the same credit pull for two different cards even though the applications were on two different dates. Any thoughts? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase uses same credit report for two cards?

@red259 wrote:

I applied for a CSP card was denied and reconned and was denied. They pulled experian (and also TU) and created a chase credit score of 728 out of a scale of 100-990. Not sure if that score is any good for me. I applied for a chase freedom about a week and a half later. I called in while the application was still pending and was approved. When I got my Freedom paperwork I noticed they based everything off the EXP report and the Chase score they used was calculated back when I applied for the CSP. I had asked Chase Recon before if I applied for a new card would it result in another HP and they had told me yes, but a second inquiry did not show on EXP or TU for Chase and the Freedom paperwork clearly says they used EXP for this card. It looks like they used the same credit pull for two different cards even though the applications were on two different dates. Any thoughts? 

What until you get the CSP denial letter. AFAIK I think you applied too soon for 2nd Chase card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

I think you misunderstood. I was approved for my second card. The reason for denial of the first was lack of open revolving accounts, which was why I applied for a Freedom with a bit more lenient standards (and it establishes me with Chase). My CSP letter says they declined me based off of TU, but I know they pulled EX at the same time. When you get a letter from a company who pulls multiple reports do they just tell you the name of one of the reports they pulled? Cap 1 in their acceptance letter just referred to TU but I know they pulled all three. 

;
Message 3 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

I should also note I had an old chase card  that I closed out in 2007 with a 3k limit, so that probably played a roll in me getting a Freedom when I had no other open cards on my CRA.

;
Message 4 of 6
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

could elaborate more on your credit history more for the benefit of the forum readers. You mentioned CapOne approval and Freedom card approval. Limits and any baddies in your credit history?

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 5 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

Sure, new cards are Cap1 Venture 5k and Chase Freedom 3k. Prior 120 day student loan delinquency back in 2009 which is now current and coming up on four year anniversary with no late payments since then. The problem I ran into was that I had no open revolvers when I applied for CSP. I had a chase card that I closed out back in 2007 and a banana republic store card that I opened/closed within a few months a couple of years ago. The gameplan is to go into the garden with these two cards and in six months take a look at the landscape. My goals are to get the CSP and get an Amex revolver. In six months I was considering taking another shot at the CSP and an amex charge card. Then six months after that trying to get an amex revolver, once these new accounts are over a year old and I have my foot in the door with an Amex charge card. 

;
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.