cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

tag
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

In today's mail, I received a letter from Chase regarding my Freedom Visa account.  It stated:

...Effective July 2, 2008 your Chase Freedom Visa card will be upgraded to include Visa Signature benefits! ...the upgrade to your account occurs automatically on July 2, 2008. 

I immediately contacted Chase, and told them:  "I don't want this upgrade."  I explained about this card's reporting issues.  Chase complied, and I'll be keeping my non-Signature Freedom Visa card with the same APR and credit line.  I did tell them if they ever get some of the reporting problems worked out, I might decide to upgrade to the Signature card. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

Turning down a Signature card!!!!  You must be livin' the sportin' life.  LOL
Message 2 of 85
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

Was a real upgrade offer, or that fake offer that comes in the mail for the fee.

I got the fake offer last month, for $39 they would send me a sticker or something to put on my card.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 85
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Maybe with enough feedback from customers like you, something might percolate over to the reporting section, and they'll start coding them correctly.

I remember that Dawn found page and paragraph in the manual on how it should be coded, and she still couldn't get them to do it.

I wonder if enough people contacted Visa and MasterCard directly and told them about the problem, that they might start some sort of trickle-down correction?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

A sticker!!!!   What the hell is that supposed to do???????????

What is all that about?
Message 5 of 85
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Was a real upgrade offer, or that fake offer that comes in the mail for the fee.

I got the fake offer last month, for $39 they would send me a sticker or something to put on my card.

This was very real.  I called Chase Customer Service, and was even transferred to their Security Department to answer questions to verify my identity. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 6 of 85
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Maybe with enough feedback from customers like you, something might percolate over to the reporting section, and they'll start coding them correctly.

I remember that Dawn found page and paragraph in the manual on how it should be coded, and she still couldn't get them to do it.

I wonder if enough people contacted Visa and MasterCard directly and told them about the problem, that they might start some sort of trickle-down correction?

I asked the representative if he was familiar with the reporting problems, and he did say "Yes."  I also mentioned the coding issue, but that didn't evoke any response. 

Message Edited by psychic on 05-22-2008 12:19 PM
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 7 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

if someone had  bill gates money , they could make an obsene purchase that exceded their revovling lin which doesn't cost a thing , and make it appear to look like they have a larger revovling line then they actualy have

I've herd a rumor that world Mastercard doesn't have this issuse, if it does you can request to report the actual cl

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 05-22-2008 12:24 PM
Message 8 of 85
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

rbbyrbsn wrote:
if someone had  bill gates money , they could make an obsene purchase that exceded their revovling lin which doesn't cost a thing , and make it appear to look like they have a larger revovling line then they actualy have

If someone had Bill Gates money, what need would they have for a credit card?

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

thrasher865 wrote:

rbbyrbsn wrote:

If someone had Bill Gates money, what need would they have for a credit card?

to make more money , think bill gates + AMEX blue cash
Message 10 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.