cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

rbbyrbsn wrote:

to make more money , think bill gates + AMEX blue cash

I wonder if filling up a private jet would count as a "gas purchase" for 5% cash back. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

cheddar wrote:

rbbyrbsn wrote:

I wonder if filling up a private jet would count as a "gas purchase" for 5% cash back. Smiley Tongue

I don't know how the AmEx Blue Cash works, but if it were my Disco card, I get 5% back only on the first $100 of gas/month.  That wouldn't even get him to the runway. Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

masdeocho wrote:

cheddar wrote:

rbbyrbsn wrote:

I don't know how the AmEx Blue Cash works, but if it were my Disco card, I get 5% back only on the first $100 of gas/month.  That wouldn't even get him to the runway. Smiley Happy

Blue Cash has no cap, although my previous post was mostly tongue-in-cheek. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 85
Dawn
Established Contributor

psychic wrote:
In today's mail, I received a letter from Chase regarding my Freedom Visa account.  It stated:

...Effective July 2, 2008 your Chase Freedom Visa card will be upgraded to include Visa Signature benefits! ...the upgrade to your account occurs automatically on July 2, 2008. 

Darn it!!!  I just got my letter today.   After I made the effort to get the product change to move away from that annoying "World" MC ... they are doing me a "favor" and upgrading me?!?

I really don't feel like dealing with them tonight, but if I don't call them first thing in the morning, I will definitely be calling before July 2.  No thank you Chase!!!  Smiley Mad

The personal banker who was looking at my account just this morning, was baffled to see two credit cards on my account.  When I explained the reason for the "duplicate" transaction history on two different cards, he was clueless.  He had never heard of these cards being a problem and thought it strange that I wasn't "honored" to have been eligible for such a wonderful card ... but he can't understand why I don't want to handle my investments through Chase either.  Smiley Wink

What I find interesting is that when I down-graded from the "World" card to the "Platinum" card, they issued a new card with a new number.  My letter is stating when they do this automatic upgrade they will send a new card with "World" on it, but there will not be an account number change.  I wonder why that is different now?

Mas ... do you have your letter yet?
Message 14 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

psychic wrote:
In today's mail, I received a letter from Chase regarding my Freedom Visa account.  It stated:

...Effective July 2, 2008 your Chase Freedom Visa card will be upgraded to include Visa Signature benefits! ...the upgrade to your account occurs automatically on July 2, 2008. 

I immediately contacted Chase, and told them:  "I don't want this upgrade."  I explained about this card's reporting issues.  Chase complied, and I'll be keeping my non-Signature Freedom Visa card with the same APR and credit line.  I did tell them if they ever get some of the reporting problems worked out, I might decide to upgrade to the Signature card. 
Hooray psychic!!    Smiley Wink    I hope I don't receive that letter.
Message 15 of 85
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Dawn wrote:

psychic wrote:

Darn it!!!  I just got my letter today.   After I made the effort to get the product change to move away from that annoying "World" MC ... they are doing me a "favor" and upgrading me?!?

What I find interesting is that when I down-graded from the "World" card to the "Platinum" card, they issued a new card with a new number.  My letter is stating when they do this automatic upgrade they will send a new card with "World" on it, but there will not be an account number change.  I wonder why that is different now?

I noticed that too.  In my letter, Chase said there would be no account number change.  Interesting.
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 16 of 85
Dawn
Established Contributor

I called Chase this morning and the representative knew and understood what I didn't like about his turn of events.  She said that she was putting a "credit limit block" on my account to prevent it from "flipping over" to a no-preset spending limit card. She said that this way, I should not receive any more notices about automatic upgrades. 

I hope that the "credit limit block" doesn't mean that I won't get any more automatic CLIs.
Message 17 of 85
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Dawn wrote:
I called Chase this morning and the representative knew and understood what I didn't like about his turn of events.  She said that she was putting a "credit limit block" on my account to prevent it from "flipping over" to a no-preset spending limit card. She said that this way, I should not receive any more notices about automatic upgrades. 

I hope that the "credit limit block" doesn't mean that I won't get any more automatic CLIs.

My conversation with Chase a few days ago also seemed to go well.  I'll be keeping an eye on my account online for the next month or two, just to make certain there are no surprises!

I've never heard of a "credit limit block."  If I can remember, I'll ask about it the next time I'm speaking to a Chase rep. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 18 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I don't work for that company but I am a CC CSR, and I think the person you talked to made a big boo boo and I would call back and make sure there is no credit limit block.  Where I work you CAN request and place a block so there will be no automatic CLI.  I don't know how that would stop a conversion into a world card...  get a different rep on the line.
Message 19 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dawn wrote:

psychic wrote:

I really don't feel like dealing with them tonight, but if I don't call them first thing in the morning, I will definitely be calling before July 2.  No thank you Chase!!!  Smiley Mad

The personal banker who was looking at my account just this morning, was baffled to see two credit cards on my account.  When I explained the reason for the "duplicate" transaction history on two different cards, he was clueless.  He had never heard of these cards being a problem and thought it strange that I wasn't "honored" to have been eligible for such a wonderful card ... but he can't understand why I don't want to handle my investments through Chase either.  Smiley Wink

Mas ... do you have your letter yet?

Oh, yes, they didn't leave me out of the fun.  I would have felt so snubbed had I not been invited.

I called and asked them to puhhlease note that I had the *$#% Signature card 2 months ago, that I voluntarily switched to the plain vanilla Freedom Visa, and that I absolutely do not want to be "upgraded" to Signature.  Ever.

The CSR put me on hold for a few minutes but didn't ask why I didn't jump at the chance to screw up my credit again.  He did, of course, try to sell me ID theft protection.  Ha ha ha ha .... as if!
Message 20 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.