Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 1,518
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

In today's mail, I received a letter from Chase regarding my Freedom Visa account.  It stated:
 
...Effective July 2, 2008 your Chase Freedom Visa card will be upgraded to include Visa Signature benefits! ...the upgrade to your account occurs automatically on July 2, 2008. 
 
 
I immediately contacted Chase, and told them:  "I don't want this upgrade."  I explained about this card's reporting issues.  Chase complied, and I'll be keeping my non-Signature Freedom Visa card with the same APR and credit line.  I did tell them if they ever get some of the reporting problems worked out, I might decide to upgrade to the Signature card. 
 
 
 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Established Contributor
Posts: 597
Registered: ‎10-27-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

Turning down a Signature card!!!!  You must be livin' the sportin' life.  LOL
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

Was a real upgrade offer, or that fake offer that comes in the mail for the fee.

I got the fake offer last month, for $39 they would send me a sticker or something to put on my card.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

Maybe with enough feedback from customers like you, something might percolate over to the reporting section, and they'll start coding them correctly.

I remember that Dawn found page and paragraph in the manual on how it should be coded, and she still couldn't get them to do it.

I wonder if enough people contacted Visa and MasterCard directly and told them about the problem, that they might start some sort of trickle-down correction?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
Posts: 597
Registered: ‎10-27-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

A sticker!!!!   What the hell is that supposed to do???????????
 
What is all that about?
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 1,518
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



FretlessMayhem wrote:
Was a real upgrade offer, or that fake offer that comes in the mail for the fee.

I got the fake offer last month, for $39 they would send me a sticker or something to put on my card.

This was very real.  I called Chase Customer Service, and was even transferred to their Security Department to answer questions to verify my identity. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 1,518
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

[ Edited ]


haulingthescoreup wrote:
Maybe with enough feedback from customers like you, something might percolate over to the reporting section, and they'll start coding them correctly.

I remember that Dawn found page and paragraph in the manual on how it should be coded, and she still couldn't get them to do it.

I wonder if enough people contacted Visa and MasterCard directly and told them about the problem, that they might start some sort of trickle-down correction?

I asked the representative if he was familiar with the reporting problems, and he did say "Yes."  I also mentioned the coding issue, but that didn't evoke any response. 
 
 
 

 


Message Edited by psychic on 05-22-2008 12:19 PM
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Established Contributor
Posts: 739
Registered: ‎06-30-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

[ Edited ]
if someone had  bill gates money , they could make an obsene purchase that exceded their revovling lin which doesn't cost a thing , and make it appear to look like they have a larger revovling line then they actualy have
 
I've herd a rumor that world Mastercard doesn't have this issuse, if it does you can request to report the actual cl


Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 05-22-2008 12:24 PM
People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,157
Registered: ‎05-21-2008
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



rbbyrbsn wrote:
if someone had  bill gates money , they could make an obsene purchase that exceded their revovling lin which doesn't cost a thing , and make it appear to look like they have a larger revovling line then they actualy have

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 05-22-2008 12:24 PM

If someone had Bill Gates money, what need would they have for a credit card?

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 739
Registered: ‎06-30-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



thrasher865 wrote:


rbbyrbsn wrote:
if someone had  bill gates money , they could make an obsene purchase that exceded their revovling lin which doesn't cost a thing , and make it appear to look like they have a larger revovling line then they actualy have

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 05-22-2008 12:24 PM

If someone had Bill Gates money, what need would they have for a credit card?


to make more money , think bill gates + AMEX blue cash
People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.