Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,791
Registered: ‎03-18-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



haulingthescoreup wrote:
A credit UN-limit block!

Smiley Very Happy  HTSU, you are too funny.  Thanks for that.
 
I doubt I have to worry about this 'problem' myself, though their BA card is actually a sig card (if one qualifies for it), as it was like pulling teeth just to get a $1K CLI last month after a year of perfect payment history with them (no auto-CLI for me on my 'birthday' with them, either).
 
Now that I know what 'signature' means, I'm EXTREMELY glad I didn't qualify for that and ended up with just the regular version of the BA Visa card, when I applied last year! Smiley Surprised
 
However, I also shall be keeping an eye on any mail I get from them, just in case.... Smiley Wink
_____________________________________________________________________________
It's never too late to become the person you might have been. ~George Eliot

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 1,518
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



psychic wrote:
The next time I call Chase, I'll ask about it again.  Chase CSRs have a history of conflicting responses!


I called Chase again this evening.  The rep told me that a "credit limit block" would not prevent me from receiving future automatic credit line increases.
 
However, when it comes to conflicting responses:
 
Earlier today, I asked Chase CSR #1 if I could convert my Visa to a MC.  He responded "NO."  This evening, Chase CSR #2 responded "YES," I can convert my Visa to a MC.
 
Earlier today, I asked Chase CSR #1 if I could convert my Free Cash Rewards card to a Freedom card.  He responded "NO (he said it was because the card was first issued by BankOne, and they can't convert unless the account was originally opened with Chase). "  This evening, Chase CSR #2 responded "YES," I can convert my Free Cash Rewards card to a Freedom card.
 

 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 2,050
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



psychic wrote:


psychic wrote:
The next time I call Chase, I'll ask about it again.  Chase CSRs have a history of conflicting responses!


I called Chase again this evening.  The rep told me that a "credit limit block" would not prevent me from receiving future automatic credit line increases.
 
However, when it comes to conflicting responses:
 
Earlier today, I asked Chase CSR #1 if I could convert my Visa to a MC.  He responded "NO."  This evening, Chase CSR #2 responded "YES," I can convert my Visa to a MC.
 
Earlier today, I asked Chase CSR #1 if I could convert my Free Cash Rewards card to a Freedom card.  He responded "NO (he said it was because the card was first issued by BankOne, and they can't convert unless the account was originally opened with Chase). "  This evening, Chase CSR #2 responded "YES," I can convert my Free Cash Rewards card to a Freedom card.
 

 


Call tonight, and say "hello, could I please speak to Chase CSR #2 please?"!
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



psychic wrote:







psychic wrote:


The next time I call Chase, I'll ask about it again. Chase CSRs have a history of conflicting responses!





I called Chase again this evening. The rep told me that a "credit limit block" would not prevent me from receiving future automatic credit line increases.


However, when it comes to conflicting responses:


Earlier today, I asked Chase CSR #1 if I could convert my Visa to a MC. He responded "NO." This evening, Chase CSR #2 responded "YES," I can convert my Visa to a MC.


Earlier today, I asked Chase CSR #1 if I could convert my Free Cash Rewards card to a Freedom card. He responded "NO (he said it was because the card was first issued by BankOne, and they can't convert unless the account was originally opened with Chase). " This evening, Chase CSR #2 responded "YES," I can convert my Free Cash Rewards card to a Freedom card.









FWIW, I did a product change from a Chase Freedom Signature MC to a "regular" Chase Freedom Visa pretty easily.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 1,518
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



FretlessMayhem wrote:

FWIW, I did a product change from a Chase Freedom Signature MC to a "regular" Chase Freedom Visa pretty easily.

I have 2 Chase cards.  Last year I easily converted one of my Chase Free Cash Rewards cards to a Freedom card.  That particular account, opened in 1986, was originally with First Card.  I'm now interested in converting my remaining Free Cash Rewards card to a Freedom card.  Given last year I could convert the former First Card, I was highly cynical of CSR #1's assertion that a card without Chase origins couldn't be changed to a Freedom card. 
 
I can't complain about Chase CSRs being impolite.  However, their inconsistent responses can drive me a little crazy. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 2,050
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



psychic wrote:


Given last year I could convert the former First Card, I was highly cynical of CSR #1's assertion that a card without Chase origins couldn't be changed to a Freedom card. 


As you probably know (because you're psychic), I had a First Card (United MileagePlus) and they metamorphosed it into a Chase Freedom.
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 1,518
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



masdeocho wrote:


psychic wrote:


Given last year I could convert the former First Card, I was highly cynical of CSR #1's assertion that a card without Chase origins couldn't be changed to a Freedom card. 


As you probably know (because you're psychic), I had a First Card (United MileagePlus) and they metamorphosed it into a Chase Freedom.


Whenever I have to contact Chase, I always plan on making at least 2 telephone calls (at different times of the day) just to make certain that I get a consistent answer from their reps.  I really shouldn't have to do that!
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
New Member
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎06-06-2008
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

Darn it! I just applied for a Chase Freedom card and got approved, but just now realized what "Visa Signature" means. I already have a Citibank World Dividend card, and it has the same problem of not reporting my CL, so my utilization is 100% (it's the only card I have). So, I decided to apply for another card and phase out my Citibank World Dividend. And just now, I realized that the Visa Signature would have the same problem! Ughh... I tried calling the Applications Department, got redirected back and forth 4 times, asking whether I can get the "regular" Freedom card with fixed CL. However, the CSRs either don't know anything about the Signature, or said that the Freedom is only offered with the Signature. Is that right? Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks.
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

If you have a taste for adventure, you can put an enormous charge on the card and promptly pay it off, BEFORE your statement date. CCC's report the highest balance that you've had on a card, even if it was intercycle (between statements). There's a way to do this with cash advance checks, but we'll need a lot of outside help on that.

Anyway, this is how you force a high CL to report: nearly max it out, but pay it off promptly.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 1,518
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!



yottaflops wrote:
Darn it! I just applied for a Chase Freedom card and got approved, but just now realized what "Visa Signature" means. I already have a Citibank World Dividend card, and it has the same problem of not reporting my CL, so my utilization is 100% (it's the only card I have). So, I decided to apply for another card and phase out my Citibank World Dividend. And just now, I realized that the Visa Signature would have the same problem! Ughh... I tried calling the Applications Department, got redirected back and forth 4 times, asking whether I can get the "regular" Freedom card with fixed CL. However, the CSRs either don't know anything about the Signature, or said that the Freedom is only offered with the Signature. Is that right? Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks.

After you receive your new Signature card, call the Chase Customer Service number on the back of the card.  Tell their rep that you'd like to change your Signature Freedom card to the Platinum (non-Signature) Freedom card.  You won't be receiving some of the Signature perks with the Platinum version (such as concierge services, etc.), but the rewards program is still the same.   The Platinum card generally has a lower APR than the Signature version. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.