cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase wants to close my Amazon Visa for inactivity (updated)

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase wants to close my Amazon Visa for inactivity (updated)

@webhopper wrote:

If you don't shop at amazon a lot, then maybe its ok that they close it... I would say, call the backdoor number and see if they can PC it to something that you would use more.

I use my Amazon card all the time... its my backup to the PRG, and it gives good rewards.

This card seems very hard to PC, I tried several times, because of the co-brand.

But I have to ask, what are the good rewards?  3% on Amazon, 2% on dining/drug stores/gas/office supplies?  Nothing special there.

Message 31 of 42
mondo84
Valued Member

Sorry, what does "PC" mean?

Also, it's 5% on Amazon, but you're right on the other categories. ** Correction - 3 points per dollar, not 5, on Amazon purchases.

I also like it because it's a Signature card.

Message 32 of 42
sjt
Senior Contributor

Product Change
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 33 of 42
mondo84
Valued Member

Cool, thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 42
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mondo84 wrote:

Also, it's 5% on Amazon, but you're right on the other categories. I also like it because it's a Signature card.

Really?   Maybe it is a different version of the card, but on my screen it says:

Get the most out of your Amazon.com Rewards Visa® Card

Earn points on every $1 spent:

• 3 points on Amazon.com purchases
  • 2 points on gas station, restaurant, drugstore and office supply store purchases
  • 1 point on all other purchases

If you get 5 that's different, as then it is competitive with Forward/Us Bank/SallieMae, which give 5%

Message 35 of 42
mondo84
Valued Member

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mondo84 wrote:

Also, it's 5% on Amazon, but you're right on the other categories. I also like it because it's a Signature card.

Really?   Maybe it is a different version of the card, but on my screen it says:

Get the most out of your Amazon.com Rewards Visa® Card

Earn points on every $1 spent:

• 3 points on Amazon.com purchases
  • 2 points on gas station, restaurant, drugstore and office supply store purchases
  • 1 point on all other purchases

If you get 5 that's different, as then it is competitive with Forward/Us Bank/SallieMae, which give 5%

You're right, I'm sorry. It's 3 points per dollar, not 5. My brain isn't working well these past couple days due to a lot of stress about various things.

I'll fix that post also. Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 42
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: Chase wants to close my Freedom card for inactivity

@KennyS2006 wrote:
Chase just told me I could not transfer the limit to my other card. Is this CSR clueless?

I've never heard of a successfull PC from the Chase Amazon. I've heard of success with consolidating the credit limit though.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 37 of 42
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:
Chase just told me I could not transfer the limit to my other card. Is this CSR clueless?

I've never heard of a successfull PC from the Chase Amazon. I've heard of success with consolidating the credit limit though.

Yes, I tried to PC several times.   But when I got the CSP, I moved $10K of my amazon limit to that without an issue.

Message 38 of 42
sjt
Senior Contributor

In alot of cases bank co branded cards are co owned by the bank and the cobranded company. The cobranded company has a say in the lending guidelines. So there are times when you get approved for a Amazon Visa and not another Chase product, or get approved for an Delta Amex Card and not another Amex product.

This could be the reason why you are not able to transfer credit lines from one Chase account to another.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 39 of 42
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The rewards aren't capped and the categories don't rotate... So it may not be the "best" in terms of rewards, it's really not bad...
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.