Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase was good to me today! - Chase Freedom card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase was good to me today! - Chase Freedom card

Got a letter from Chase, before opening it i was worried they were going to decrease my CL or rate jack me. To my surprise they increased my CL by $500!! New CL $5500 for my Chase Freedom card, yay!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase was good to me today! - Chase Freedom card

Congrats.  I opened mine in DEC 09 and have been using it here and there but I'm starting to like it because I'm beginning to see how the rewards categories work.  I think the best ones are the ones starting in July- esp. gas!

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this was given to a lot of people. I got a increase of 300 that made my cl 4550. Had the card since Jan 09 and it was a regular platinum PCed to freedom

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened my Chase Freedom card in Nov 09 so this CL increase was pretty quick i thought. I've put maybe 4k on this card total since having it and always carried a balance of 100 or so month to month.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

lets hope the keep on giving!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think this was given to a lot of people. I got a increase of 300 that made my cl 4550. Had the card since Jan 09 and it was a regular platinum PCed to freedom

My Chase Freedom is a converted First USA backed card.   $5000 earned the hard way (hard inquiry on Experian, but at least it was much more than double what I'd had before) last summer.   No increase for me this weekend. Smiley Sad 
So, what do those who are seeing this increase (congratulations to you all, by the way), share in common?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

called in and got a 200 cli to 700 dollar. Was a soft pull. Formerly wamu then pc to freedom. I barely used this card at all. I was hoping they would match my other two chase cards at 4500. They really dont like ex wamu cards. haha

Message 7 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

called in and got a 200 cli to 700 dollar. Was a soft pull. Formerly wamu then pc to freedom. I barely used this card at all. I was hoping they would match my other two chase cards at 4500. They really dont like ex wamu cards. haha

Have you double checked your reports?  

I ask because Chase routinely pulls hard for any customer initiated CLI request.  Gratz! in any case.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far nothing yet. I even told the guy on the phone that hard pulls for cli are bs and he insured me that it was a soft. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay just called chase to check.  csr had me on hold for about 2 minutes and came back on the phone and insured me it was only a soft pull for the increase

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.