Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase we will let you know in 7-10 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase we will let you know in 7-10 days

I applied for thier platinum Visa card on friday night the CSR told me that I would be notified within 30 days of thier decision. Called today the automated service said we received your app on friday we will let you know our decison in 7-10 days. Does this perhaps mean that it is a denial or still processing? has anyone here had chase tell you this same thing. If so please enlighten me on it. Thanks Guys.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase we will let you know in 7-10 days

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for thier platinum Visa card on friday night the CSR told me that I would be notified within 30 days of thier decision. Called today the automated service said we received your app on friday we will let you know our decison in 7-10 days. Does this perhaps mean that it is a denial or still processing? has anyone here had chase tell you this same thing. If so please enlighten me on it. Thanks Guys.

Chase takes longer for some apps than it took to build the pyramids. When they say 30 days they mean 29. The kicker is they already know but won't tell you. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by smallfry on 05-19-2008 07:10 PM
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks small fry I will hang loose for a minute until they holla back at me.Insert Smileys do you think they may be affiliated with IRS and their procols. Just JK LoL
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I'm concerned the CSR's and the automated status system are USELESS!  I had received the denial letter, that same night their automated system was giving me the 30-day garbage.  As for the CSR's I called last week (not the backdoor number, the cardservices CSR's) to get a status on my card (approved through a recon) and all they could tell me was that I'd receive something in two weeks...I said "two weeks from when?, I applied over 30 days ago...and was approved by the credit department 16 days ago..."  The CSR came back with "within two weeks from today."  She couldn't tell by her computer what and when I would be receiving whatever it is that I am supposed to be receiving (which should be a Chase Freedom card as of last week!)....Rant over.
Message 4 of 13
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

No way!  I app'd and the next day called the backdoor number listed on the backdoor thread and went *around* the automated system!  Now I'm gonna have to find that number!  I found out my cl and terms and everything!

1-800-432-3117...hit the # key.  It worked for me!  Good luck

Message Edited by Trishco on 05-19-2008 04:30 PM
Message 5 of 13
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

I appd last Monday on line and got the 30 day message. The next day I called and automated system said approved...

Got my card today..
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! ficonovice maybe I will have some of your luck I hope!!!!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Trishco if you would be so kind do you have that backdoor # if so would mind sharing it with me awesome plan to get around the automated system..Insert Smileys

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Backdoor number 1-888-245-0625....and these people really are actually helpful.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

BossFan You are the Man thanks.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.