Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase website quirks...any fixes?

tag
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

Chase website quirks...any fixes?

Just got CSR last month - snuck in last day of the public offer. Now that I'm on a website, couple of quirks irritate me.

First, there is a dormant closed account from say, 10 yrs ago, that also shows up on the website. From searching this forum, it doesn't seem like a way to activate back the account. That's fine. But, is there a way for it not to show up online? I mean, it even shows up on the mobile app!

Second, when I go to my profile and click on mailing address, it says they don't have any record of my address and I need to update it. well, how did they send me the card then? Also, tried updating, but no effect - still says the same warning. Any solution to this?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase website quirks...any fixes?

@go_FICO_self wrote:

Just got CSR last month - snuck in last day of the public offer. Now that I'm on a website, couple of quirks irritate me.

First, there is a dormant closed account from say, 10 yrs ago, that also shows up on the website. From searching this forum, it doesn't seem like a way to activate back the account. That's fine. But, is there a way for it not to show up online? I mean, it even shows up on the mobile app!

Second, when I go to my profile and click on mailing address, it says they don't have any record of my address and I need to update it. well, how did they send me the card then? Also, tried updating, but no effect - still says the same warning. Any solution to this?

Under "Things you can do" in your account, select "update settings & preferences from the drop down...then select "hide account."  That should let you hide the account on you rmain page.

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I get that with my update email on Citi, oh well, just dont bother paying attention to it, or at least i trySmiley Wink
Message 3 of 9
stellar
Established Contributor

Another Chase website quirk is that they send me to the mobile site when I'm using my laptop.  Randomly.  Most times it's the regular site.

Message 4 of 9
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I've had problems with both Chase and CitiBank not accepting updated information when I'm on Chrome.  If I log in with Firefox I don't  have that issue.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 5 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I really prefer their old layout to the current one... it just doesn't work very well on Chrome

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 9
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@irunfromcredit wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

Under "Things you can do" in your account, select "update settings & preferences from the drop down...then select "hide account."  That should let you hide the account on you rmain page.

Awesome suggestion! will have to try. does it work on mobile too? that's check my accounts more often than on desktop.

Message 7 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@irunfromcredit wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

Under "Things you can do" in your account, select "update settings & preferences from the drop down...then select "hide account."  That should let you hide the account on your main page.

I had to go to Customer Center. Then in the My Information section there is a link for Show/hide Accounts.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

when i got my first Chase card a year ago, upon creating my username and logging in they had some really old contact info for me from an old WAMU account probably 10 years ago.

Once i fixed it all, no more funny info was seen on the desktop or mobile versions.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.