Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase website theory...possible?

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Chase website theory...possible?

In regards to existing customers...

Chase's website, below the login, has three boxes where they can show you targeted messages. I know they are at least slightly targeted based on information they have. For example, one of the boxes currently says "Based off your last statement, you have enough (UR) points for a $50 gift card". Which is true for me. However, they also advertise certain credit cards there. I am wondering if they advertise certain credit cards in those spaces based off of a recent SP they did, or some information they have about you. For example, when my credit was totally trashed I didn't really see any. Then, I saw Freedom ads (which I ended up apping for and getting eventually). Now as I am continuing to improve I am seeing the SW premier card advertised there (which I NEVER used to see), but not say a co-branded hotel card, which might have higher UW standards. Just curious about this. I could be totally off, but I'm nosy, so I figured I'd ask.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase website theory...possible?

I noticed this too. I think those are somewhat targeted.....Even when I'm at the ATM, the machine reminds me to use my CSP or Freedom cards lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 35
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Interesting...the SECOND I see a CSP ad, I'm apping... Smiley Very Happy

*shamefully goes and hides* lol

Thanks for the interesting thoughts on their targeted ads!

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 3 of 35
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

I guess I don't know where to look at. Is this before I login, or after?

Message 4 of 35
w003ptr
Contributor

Only way to find out is go to the website in an incognito tab and see if the offers are the same.
Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 5 of 35
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

When I go incognito its different things being advertised
Message 6 of 35
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Lin55, before
Message 7 of 35
w003ptr
Contributor

Then I'd venture a guess that they are targeted.
Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 8 of 35
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

thanks,

and darn, i see better "offers" on the incognito tab Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 35
broseph23
Regular Contributor

They're probably somewhat targeted, but they always have CPC offeres down there when I login and also when I'm in my account. I definitely don't have those financial resources lol. They also have CSP and freedom ads sometimes too, but I already have both. 

Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.