Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase website theory...possible?

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase website theory...possible?

@broseph23 wrote:

They're probably somewhat targeted, but they always have CPC offeres down there when I login and also when I'm in my account. I definitely don't have those financial resources lol. They also have CSP and freedom ads sometimes too, but I already have both. 

@Anonymous @ the CPC ads. As for the CSP and Freedom ads, are you talking about (I only have the Freedom obviously) like the Freedom ad that says something like "Now earn even more with Cash Back Boost (the mall)" or are they different Freedom ads?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 11 of 35
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

But someone earlier said that they get CSP ads. I NEVER get CSP ads, and I wouldn't get approved for it if I tried. However, they do advertise the slate, which I probably could get. It really seems they only display ads for cards that they think you could get based on whatever info they have about you. If your an existing customer they already know your income and how you use your cards, maybe they also SP
Message 12 of 35
eagle2013
Established Contributor

I have the CSP and looking for the Freedom ad. The only thing I get recently is mortgage ads which is really strange since my DH is the only one shopping for a mortgage right now. We don't share any credit together other than me being a AU on a couple of his cards. I guess they cross-matched our profiles.

Message 13 of 35
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I have noticed that as well. They have been advertising the Slate Card for me as well as their checking account products. I 'm pretty sure it's targeted. I used not to see the Slate then it started appearing sometime in December as well their "choose a checking account with Chase." I have always thought they were targeted. 

Message 14 of 35
Boragard
Established Contributor

I'm confused...

is this on the main page before you log in, or after?

Message 15 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Why not just "check for pre-qual offers"?

i logged into my partners account looking for what you talk about and don't see it but I run pre-qual and he is offered Slate!

last time he had offers was over a year ago and we applied and were instantly approved for the slate which was combined over to freedom and closed over 6 months ago but has had no offers ever over last year... So I like seeing that!

Message 16 of 35
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

i logged into my partners account looking for what you talk about and don't see it but I run pre-qual and he is offered Slate!

last time he had offers was over a year ago and we applied and were instantly approved for the slate which was combined over to freedom and closed over 6 months ago but has had no offers ever over last year... So I like seeing that!

To whoever asked, these ads happen on the home page before login (they probably store in a cookie which ads to show or something)

CA,

Chases "Check for pre-qualified offers" only checks for straight Chase cards (Slate, Freedom, CSP). Recently, I have been seeing offers for the SW Premier card that I NEVER used to see. I am just trying to figure out if these "ads" are targeted becuase they t think I'll like it, or because based on their information that they think I will actually be approved for it.

Message 17 of 35
john398
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

ther pre quaf had an offer for slate and was  instantly approved as well, this was recentlt

Message 18 of 35
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Interesting...the SECOND I see a CSP ad, I'm apping... Smiley Very Happy

*shamefully goes and hides* lol

Thanks for the interesting thoughts on their targeted ads!

+1

ha..ha..... I will join you....for me only bank account promos Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 35
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@broseph23 wrote:

They're probably somewhat targeted, but they always have CPC offeres down there when I login and also when I'm in my account. I definitely don't have those financial resources lol. They also have CSP and freedom ads sometimes too, but I already have both. 

Chase is heavily pushing that; I'm not certain why other than both BOFA and WF made large gains in their wealth management space according to their most recent filing where Chase (and JP Morgan) have traditionally been strong.

I sort of wonder if I go talk to BOFA/WF what their minimum is for their premium services are: BOFA's preferred rewards cards start at $50K vs. CPC at 100k entry (sadly they discontinued the JPM Select back in April apparently).

        
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.