cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - when did you get your first CLI?

tag
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase - when did you get your first CLI?

I received my Chase Freedom card this past Friday, exactly one week after I applied for it and got instant approval online.  It was initially approved for $8550 CL. 

I then called today and told the CSR I'd like to make this my everyday go-to card, but wouldn't be able to because I try to keep my FICO score up by never exceding 10% utilization.  She asked me my occupation, years employed, income, and what I'd like it increased to,  and I said $30k to match my AMEX. 

She checks with her supervisor and tells me that she would need to do a new hard pull on my credit report in order to try to go that high, but that she could give me a CLI of $4,250 without pulling a new Experian report.  I told her that I'd take the $4,250 CLI, which brought up my CL to 12,800. 

Not bad since I got a 50% CLI just for asking, 4 days after receiving my card in the mail. 

This is nice since the whole purpose of this card is to make my wife a joint account holder & help to rebuild her credit that way.  They mailed me the joint change form already.  I'm not sure they'll be so likely to increase my CL once she's joint on it since her score is in the mid 600's right now, so I wanted to get this CLI done before.  My goal is to have her in the mid 700s by late next year.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase - when did you get your first CLI?

Chase was my very first credit card back in 1977.  I had my first CLI in 1978.

OK so that was 30 years ago, now my age is showingSmiley Surprised

Original CL was $6,000 in 1977 today it is $35,000

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.