Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase with zero limit ???

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase with zero limit ???

I have the same issue as you have.  I  also No pre set spending limit account or a flexible spending limit account . Chase "upgraded" my account  to a no pre spending limit account I did not ask for the change. I have tried with no sucess to have them change this.  A no pre set spending limit account is hybred of a charge card and a credit card.  A charge card like some Amex cards is where the balance is due in full each month. You can go over the limit without a fee. But your miniimum payment would be the amount you are over the limit + the minimum monthly payment. Since Chase will not make the change I have stoppped using the card on a regular basis. I will use card once every six months for a very small purchase.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 11 of 20
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

@DI wrote:

The only thing you can do is a product change.  I had that to happen to me with the BOA Signature card.  I PCd to the BOA AMEX and my limit is reporting.   Maybe Chase will allow you to PC.

I did the same thing DI did with my BOA Visa Sig card, but I couldn't move the entire limit to the BOA AMEX.  Now I have two BOA cards.  Unfortunately, the BOA AMEX is being treated like a new card.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 12 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@bakalao2k wrote:

I did the same thing DI did with my BOA Visa Sig card, but I couldn't move the entire limit to the BOA AMEX.  Now I have two BOA cards.  Unfortunately, the BOA AMEX is being treated like a new card.

That's not PC. That's applying a brand new card. You simply apped a new card and since BoA refuses to extend you anymore credit, they transfered a portion of your CL to the new card.

Message 13 of 20
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

@tsquad131 wrote:

visa signature cards and world mastercards are known not to report a limit on credit reports except your high balance.

My USAA WMC reports my 7k limit

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 20
danisgods
Regular Contributor

@drsmith wrote:

@tsquad131 wrote:

visa signature cards and world mastercards are known not to report a limit on credit reports except your high balance.

My USAA WMC reports my 7k limit

very interesting.i wonder why chase doesnt

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Message 15 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Most cases, Visa Signature and World MC do not report limits (and that is the correct way to report these cards). Some, like Citi and USAA do report limits because consumers filed complaints for them to do so.

Message 16 of 20
danisgods
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Most cases, Visa Signature and World MC do not report limits (and that is the correct way to report these cards). Some, like Citi and USAA do report limits because consumers filed complaints for them to do so.

seems like all we need to do is file complaints then , correct?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@danisgods wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Good idea!!   We all need to work together as a team work!!

Message 18 of 20
danisgods
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@danisgods wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Good idea!!   We all need to work together as a team work!!

thats exactly what i meant, think about how many members we have just here that could file a complaint .... i think we should really do that.

Message 19 of 20
minimock
Frequent Contributor

I hate to be a party pooper, but IMHO you run the risk of adverse action, after all it's a privilege not a right to have these cards at all.
Don't get me wrong, having two of these cards myself that don't report is irritating, but I would be somewhat more miffed if something happened to them lol

Just a thought.......you know the whole fighting City Hall thing might be in play lol
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.