Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase won't budge, now what?

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase won't budge, now what?

On the flip side, one card does make spending more condensed.  And I've often found myself saying with Chase (well, I'll get the rewards), which is not a good way of thinking.  BofA only MIGHT be a good way to go.  Does anyone carry just one card with them?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 11 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

On the flip side, one card does make spending more condensed.  And I've often found myself saying with Chase (well, I'll get the rewards), which is not a good way of thinking.  BofA only MIGHT be a good way to go.  Does anyone carry just one card with them?

I carry 2, only 1 has rewards tho.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 17
RyVision
Valued Contributor

SMC733;

Being Discover More has the 5% back at gas stations for 3 months. I'd use that for at least all my gas station purchases (check their list for qualifying merchants). DM and BoA have shown you they appreciate your business so I'd give it to them.  They both like usage I hear, so you have a good plan and BoA has lowered your rate as well as given you CLI's.  The Chase Freedom (that still sounds funny to me) we use started with a 0 then 10.99 rate, so not sure why they won't come down for you (maybe over time when you don't carry on it and seldom use it?).

I think the BoA and DM combo sounds like a good plan really. Use the others (Chase 5% preference) for applicable random purchases while you house them most of the time in the SD. DM will no doubt give you another CLI with usage too btw, esp if they notice you're using them over Chase and AMEX (DM will probably try to match CF soon).  Just my 2 cents Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 13 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

That's an insane APR. Even my bottom feeder tier Cap One is 18%.

My chase will be 17.99 (currently at 0% for 6 months) and I thought that was too high.

Message 14 of 17
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

the rest of them r in the freezer next to the fishSmiley Surprised

Message 15 of 17
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I carry 3: USAA Amex, Chase Freedom Visa, and debit.

Rest are usually sock-drawered.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

the rest of them r in the freezer next to the fishSmiley Surprised

Soon to be if they keep playing with my emotions Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.