Chase

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase

@coldnmn wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Good to know! Thanks for your opinion. Now let's let them decide for themselves and make theirit.own decision on the matter.

As compared to what?  I could issue Order of Control A-4353-34343 (Authorization of Summary Execution for mentioning "whogavemecredit" 2013)

forcing people to agree with me, but I usually do not.

Everything here is "In my opinion", what else could it be?

If I'm removed I can live with the satisfaction I tried to do my best to pay it forward. I can live with that and feel good

about it and not feel any anger toward you or the Myfico family. 

There seems to be some confusion here, it was a JOKE!  And, BTW. if you were summarily executed, you actually couldn't live with (or without) any satisfaction about anything, as you would be, um, dead.

I was just reacting it to your "let them decide for themselves..." which, again, IMO (and as it happens, in fact) should be obvious, nothing posted on a forum can possibly stop people deciding for themselves (unless they are mindless of course...)

Message 21 of 30
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I'd say if you were preapproved through chase you have a >51% chance of getting it. It tends to be a better indicator than most other "preapproved" sites. 

Message 22 of 30
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, let's take a deep breath, please. Someone mentioned whogavemecredit.com, and someone else replied that s/he doesn't feel it's an accurate assessment because of issues pertaining to self reporting. Differing views have been expressed. Now let's keep things calm and respectful and move on with the discussion. Thank you.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 23 of 30
Jaxavier
New Contributor

Called Chase today. Two things I found interesting:

Was told they pull a report from each bureau when someone applies for a credit card

And they do not take applications over the phone. ...which is odd because I thought I recalled reading that someone was given the option by a CSR which bureau to pull.
Message 24 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jaxavier wrote:
Called Chase today. Two things I found interesting:

Was told they pull a report from each bureau when someone applies for a credit card

And they do not take applications over the phone. ...which is odd because I thought I recalled reading that someone was given the option by a CSR which bureau to pull.

It's certainly not the case that they pull a report from each bureau for everyone.   While a number of us do get double pulled, I think most are still reporting single pulls, and triple pulls are very rare.

Not sure about not taking apps over the phone.   The report about the CSR asking which bureau to pull was probably a recon call.

Message 25 of 30
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

I was just recently approved for a Chase Freedom, and they only made 1 hard pull for me, from Experian.

I suppose Im lucky as that just happens to be my strongest one, albiet not by much.

The also seem to be using some modified (or in house) version of the Vantage score. 

I forget exactly what it was called, but The approval letter said its range went to 990, just like Vantage. At any count, Chase doesn't seem to use FICO scores.

Message 26 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CenturyChild wrote:

I was just recently approved for a Chase Freedom, and they only made 1 hard pull for me, from Experian.

I suppose Im lucky as that just happens to be my strongest one, albiet not by much.

The also seem to be using some modified (or in house) version of the Vantage score. 

I forget exactly what it was called, but The approval letter said its range went to 990, just like Vantage. At any count, Chase doesn't seem to use FICO scores.

From here I get the impression that single pull is still the most common (really for all except Cap One) but some of us start getting double pulled by Chase, and that seems to stick (i.e. all future Chase apps are double as well).

Message 27 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 28 of 30
Jaxavier
New Contributor

I wonder why they told me all 3 then, a weird scare tactic?

I only don't them pulling TU because I'm 6 inquiries deep on that on vs 2 on others
Message 29 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jaxavier wrote:
I wonder why they told me all 3 then, a weird scare tactic?

I only don't them pulling TU because I'm 6 inquiries deep on that on vs 2 on others

Maybe, and perhaps to cover themselves.  They certainly have the right to pull all three, and probably if in the past they have told people "We pull X in your area" then pull more, they get complaints.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.