Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase

@Shock wrote:

so say i apply for the sapphire preferred, decide i dont want it, and move the limit to my freedom. then a year later i cant apply for the sapphire preferred anymore because i had it once upon a time?

I think you could apply for it, but not qualify for any sign-on bonuses

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 17
Shock
Established Contributor

but what if youre doing it for the intent of transferring the lines over? rather than request CLI?

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 12 of 17
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Shock wrote:

but what if youre doing it for the intent of transferring the lines over? rather than request CLI?

i'm not sure...maybe give them a call and ask about it

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 13 of 17
Shock
Established Contributor

that was OP's concern...so yeah

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I asked Chase that exact question and they said no. Their current policies do not allow new applications for the same product. They would deny the app according to the Chase Secure Message. Note, this was based on active credit card(s). Didn't ask about if the card(s) had been closed and I reapplied.

Message 15 of 17
Shock
Established Contributor

But OP doesnt have a Slate. He has a Freedom (presumably). I think he's asking if he can apply for slate, get approved, transfer the line over, and in six months apply for the slate again and do the same thing.

Message 16 of 17
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

@Shock wrote:

But OP doesnt have a Slate. He has a Freedom (presumably). I think he's asking if he can apply for slate, get approved, transfer the line over, and in six months apply for the slate again and do the same thing.

There's no need to this. OP if Chase is willing to give you another card with let's say a credit limit of 5K (assuming it is eligible for combining with your current credit card), that means that you were eligible for a 5K increase to begin with. Those cards share the same risk assessment profile, that's why if people get similar products from the same CC company, let's say for example someone already has a 30K card, a new approval may only be 5K since it's eligible for combining and shares the same risk.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.