Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase

tag
DueDilligence
Contributor

Chase

What would everyone say the easiest Chase card to obtain is?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
JayPaulM29
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase

@DueDilligence wrote:

What would everyone say the easiest Chase card to obtain is?

Rumor has it, it's the freedom card. All the other ones are more of a battle if your CS isn't superb 

EQ 686 TU 692 EX 673// Goal 725's across///Gardening 2/20/15...Up for air 11/20/15
Message 2 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

Freedom or Slate
Message 3 of 27
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

Freedom is easiest in my opinion. That was my way into chase. They seem to use this card as a Guinna Pig to test your worthiness.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it was the Chase Amazon Visa.
Message 5 of 27
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
For me it was the Chase Amazon Visa.

I can never get an offer from Chase. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was the Amazon Visa for me as well, I was denied for the Freedom.

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first approval I was pre approved for Slate and Freedom, went with Slate. Check your pre approved offers, if you have them it's pretty much a lock. If you don't, it doesn't mean anything. I haven't had any offers since the first one and I've got 3 additional cards. 

I think the others have covered it. I would say try for the Freedom or Amazon, they seem to be the easiest. 

Any route you take, if you get a 7-10 day or denial try recons. They are the best recon department I've dealt with along with Barclays. They actually look, and give it a chance. 

Good luck. Let us know!

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the pre-approvals

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check the preapprovals for chase all the time and I have never had a offer yet, tried for chase freedom a couple months ago and denied. I check the pre approval site 1-2 times a week. Last week checked the preapproval site like I always do and nada! Decided to try for Chase Amazon since that was another Chase card I wanted (even though I really wanted the Freedom and wanted the Freedom first)I decided to try for the Amazon because I also wanted that card and I wanted to get in with Chase I got the review message instantly and took it as a denial. Later that day called the automated status line. It wouldnt give me a status update at all. After I put in my social it would just be silent for like 5 seconds then said "to repeat this information press 7" it just kept doing that so I picked to speak with someone and that's when I was told my app was just pending and it was either denied or approved and to wait a few days.

At that point I came to the board (as I always do) I was told to call the Backdoor number....called that number as well as 2 different numbers I found and was told the same its just pending and I have to wait!! Decided a few hours later to call the Backdoor/underwriter number again and this time I got a nice lady who told me right away that my app was sitting in verification and I would have to call that number (they were already closed for the day when I called)

Next evening I called the verification number. The guy asked me if it was me that applied for the chase Amazon and I said yes. He then asked me questions about my current credit cards off my EQ report (they were trick questions lol) the first he asked is name 2 cards off my EQ report that have been opened for over a year. I only have one card on that report that has been opened for over a year (it's only on my EQ report but is a restricted cap one card from 2005 that still reports as open, paid as agreed, no lates, but also no credit limit (it gives me 10 years to my AAOA so I don't want to say anything about it and its doesn't have one late attached to it at all and still reports as open) the only other card that's more then a year is a closed in good standing, no lates Kay's card but I told him that one is closed. So then he said so the rest have been open for less then a year and I said yes and he asked even the store cards and I said yes.

Then he asked me real quick back to back my birthday and how old I was lol

In the end I was approved and was very very surprised. Still to this day I get no offers on chase site but I'm gonna keep on trying because I really want the freedom too. So for me the Chase Amazon was easy and was approved without having any offers/pre approvals in chases website.

Sorry for the book I just wanted to share my experience and even if you apply and get the review message to call the Backdoor number because it could be verification and if it's not then of course recon. I have never had any of my applications (besides chase) go into verification before and it was the way I put my address that made it go to verification. I live in a duplex townhouse where I am A and my neighbor is B and I always put A under the apartment/unit section like 15 Cool Road A but the post office and I guess when chase tried to verify it it came back as 15 A Cool Road. So it can little things that throw your app into verification.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.