Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Chase

Does Chase black list for a CO? I have one paid CO from Feb '09 and I wanted either a Chase or a Citi card.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase

@corymcd88 wrote:

Does Chase black list for a CO? I have one paid CO from Feb '09 and I wanted either a Chase or a Citi card.

Yes they have a very long memory with CO. How much was it for? Some people are able to get back in though.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 7
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

$2.500.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their memory even extends to banks theyve bought out.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you referring to a charge off with Chase or someone else?  If it was with Chase or a company they bought out, you're probably blacklisted.  If was a CO on some other product then you aren't necessarily going to be denied for a Chase card.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes, as stated above, Chase is among the worst of lenders for long memories of charge-offs, and they tend to remember charge-offs much further in the past than your own. One thing that makes Chase particularly tough to get back in with is that they have their own internal scoring model for extending credit (known as the Card Acquisition Risk Score, or CARS), so if you have burned them in the past, your CARS score is likely lower than your FICOs. I wouldn't peg your chances as being very high, but if you can overcome Chase's grudge, more power to you!

EDIT: Ah. I have no idea why, but in your original post I misread and thought that the CO was definitely with Chase. If it wasn't with Chase, your chances are much better.

Message 6 of 7
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

If you mean charge offs with other banks, then no they don't black list for that. I have an old charge off with Cap 1 and in the past four months have been approved for the Freedom, Amazon Rewards, and Slate.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.