… or a napsack full of citibank industrial grade diamonds, with 1500 SL's
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Palladium

Well it might be the easiest assuming you have 250k with Chase I assume a 600 Fico would get approved for it as with that kinda money with Chase it kinda is a "secured" card lol

Not to argue here but I tend to not agree with 250K means you can still get the Palladium with a 600 score.  That is the bare minimum for Private Client as I understand (no branches close to me so I use WF).  I realize having that card does not automatically mean crazy limits, but if they approved 600 FICO's then doesn't that lose some of the charm and prestige of the card?

Message 12 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

So if your scores are 500s and you have $250k you can get this card?

I'd imagine, just as with all Financial Institutions, cash is King.  If one has "enough," all manners of exceptions will be made.

Message 13 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

I'd imagine, just as with all Financial Institutions, cash is King.  If one has "enough," all manners of exceptions will be made.

+1 cash is king and the greedy bank will turn a blind eye.. They are probably more than willing to overlook Fico's and force it through granted the person will obtain a HP or two although how much the Fico will be considered can be argued.. There have been cases on here of people in the low 600's getting the Palladium due to having substantial assets with Chase.   It might be a 10k credit limit or a 20k limit, but more than likely if they have that kinda cash there is an exception to every rule.  So 250k maybe not as strong as a case, lets say 500k or 1 million with chase that card will be handed to them on a silver platter.  It isn't a tough card to get by any means other than the financial requirements.. Just my take and of course the AF isn't cheap either.   Kinda like the Amex black card isn't hard to obtain really either if you spend 250k a year with Amex..  Have a friend that puts alot through his Platinum due to business travel and has been offered the black.. Granted he has great credit, but same thought pattern is is all about money.

Message 14 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

+1 cash is king and the greedy bank will turn a blind eye.. They are probably more than willing to overlook Fico's and force it through granted the person will obtain a HP or two although how much the Fico will be considered can be argued.. There have been cases on here of people in the low 600's getting the Palladium due to having substantial assets with Chase.   It might be a 10k credit limit or a 20k limit, but more than likely if they have that kinda cash there is an exception to every rule.  So 250k maybe not as strong as a case, lets say 500k or 1 million with chase that card will be handed to them on a silver platter.  It isn't a tough card to get by any means other than the financial requirements.. Just my take and of course the AF isn't cheap either.   Kinda like the Amex black card isn't hard to obtain really either if you spend 250k a year with Amex..  Have a friend that puts alot through his Platinum due to business travel and has been offered the black.. Granted he has great credit, but same thought pattern is is all about money.

Right, and if anyone didn't (unless it's AML related), the Bank will poke out their eyes for them.

Message 15 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Palladium

Well it might be the easiest assuming you have 250k with Chase I assume a 600 Fico would get approved for it as with that kinda money with Chase it kinda is a "secured" card lol

Not necessarily true.

I remember speaking with a Chase Private Client Banker and they mentioned that in terms of card approval the relationship helps for those who are on the borderline of approval or those with no credit. Assets held in the bank helps but its not a guaranty.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

Im sure with 250k in cash no one really cares about any card.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you think the 5 card/2 years rule would apply to someone with 250k ready to open a private account aiming for the palladium?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.