Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat, Call or Secure Message

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Chat, Call or Secure Message

What method gets the best result when dealing with Card Services for various transactions?  First, I hate sitting through the recorfed account information waiting to be transferred to a representative, being placed on hold, then having someone answer with a questionable grasp of the English language.  What I'm wanting to request from different issuers are APR reduction, Credit Line Increase or restoration of a Credit Line Decrease,  explanation of continous fraud alerts whenever a card is used, and when should I receive a replacement card that was supposedly already mailed.  If there is anything I haven't thought of that is better handled by one specific method, please mention it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chat, Call or Secure Message

In my past experience for CLI I hit the button on card's website and if approved then would quickly call the Robo lady (number on the back of card) for another increase, not sure why this works? but this method has worked twice for me.  

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My preferred method is chat. I always seem to get my request and it's easier than trying to decipher what someone is saying and not have to wait for a response from a secured message. I have called and it's sometimes frustrating but I get results and I know where I stand by the time the call ends. I'd say...

1. Chat
2. Call
3. Message/Email
Message 3 of 5
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Reighn9 wrote:

What method gets the best result when dealing with Card Services for various transactions?  First, I hate sitting through the recorfed account information waiting to be transferred to a representative, being placed on hold, then having someone answer with a questionable grasp of the English language.  What I'm wanting to request from different issuers are APR reduction, Credit Line Increase or restoration of a Credit Line Decrease,  explanation of continous fraud alerts whenever a card is used, and when should I receive a replacement card that was supposedly already mailed.  If there is anything I haven't thought of that is better handled by one specific method, please mention it.

I wonder if contacting banks too much puts you lower on priority list.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 4 of 5
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

I like chat too, but I wonder sometimes if these representatives have the knowledge or authority to answer many questions or solve problems.  One recently told me I hadn't received any CLIs on my 3 accounts (Capital One) because I hadn't requested any and told me my accounts were eligible, I would get a CLI if requested online.  BTW I had made numerous requests, at one time Capital One did not take customer requests, and had been given typical Capital One excuses. No, I did not get the CLI.  I also recently used chat with another company to see about getting a CL restored since my store card had been upgraded to a Mastercard because I was a "preferred" customer.  The rep told me ask for a CLI online but couldn't tell me if it was a HP or SP. I have had some luck on simple things, but even with phone calls I've had somebody's supervisor reverse what a representative did for me because "she didn't have the authority."

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.