Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest way to have it ALL!?!?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Cheapest way to have it ALL!?!?

scapegrace there are degrees of safe. Jr. thinks its safe to drive over 200MPH. Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 17
Scamp
Valued Contributor

smallfry wrote:
scapegrace there are degrees of safe. Jr. thinks its safe to drive over 200MPH. Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy  Yep, I'm a sissy, I know. lol.  At least with regard to my credit, CR's and scores!

Hope Jr. stays safe! Smiley Wink

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 12 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I've always looked over my shoulder when I've done this, wondering if EX and TU were going to come crashing down on me, but in fact, I did it off my existing reports until Timothy published the links the other day. It involved a lot of cussing, because I kept forgetting how I got there, but once you have bought a report and have the report number, the capability to do this is right on their websites.

The links are there on the sites if you've bought a report, so it doesn't look like they have a problem with it. And in fact, I have a dispute entered by some automatic program at Citi (as best as I can tell) on my Sears MC. It's been there for 7 months, and no one will admit to having entered it, and no one will remove it. Smiley Mad

I appreciate members asking if this is kosher! I've just seen this referred to and posted about for so long now that I assume that if it weren't, someone would have intervened by now. And if I'm wrong, I'll come back and delete. (My posts, anyway.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 17
Scamp
Valued Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I've always looked over my shoulder when I've done this, wondering if EX and TU were going to come crashing down on me, but in fact, I did it off my existing reports until Timothy published the links the other day. It involved a lot of cussing, because I kept forgetting how I got there, but once you have bought a report and have the report number, the capability to do this is right on their websites.

The links are there on the sites if you've bought a report, so it doesn't look like they have a problem with it. And in fact, I have a dispute entered by some automatic program at Citi (as best as I can tell) on my Sears MC. It's been there for 7 months, and no one will admit to having entered it, and no one will remove it. Smiley Mad

I appreciate members asking if this is kosher! I've just seen this referred to and posted about for so long now that I assume that if it weren't, someone would have intervened by now. And if I'm wrong, I'll come back and delete. (My posts, anyway.)

Thanks for the reply, HTSU.  Smiley Happy 

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 14 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Hauling it is fine. As long as the CRA's allow it there is no harm in it. I wouldn't overdo it though. Your definition of that may be different than mine. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Flying under the radar is one of my life's ambitions. Smiley Wink

BTW, on that earlier post about EQ Credit Watch Gold, just because you can pull daily, I certainly wouldn't advise it! EQ is the one that's vulnerable to split files, and they are truly a PITA to fix, especially if it happens 3 days before a mortgage closing. I check them around once a month, like the other two.

I've also started copy/pasting the soft inquiries on all three on to Notepad, because both EQ and TU are continuously deleting softs as they go, in an attempt to keep up with all the softs we're generating. So if you're trying to see who's peeking at you when, you should keep a separate record, either by saving the reports themselves to disc or the Notepad of softs approach.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still vote that we limit these threads to referring people to PM the mods or those in the know.   The more that know about this and have it put in their laps, the more likely abuse will occur.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.