Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheaply made credit cards?

tag
bspitt
Valued Member

Re: Cheaply made credit cards?

I recently had a Cap One product change to the Quicksilver card. I saw it in the garbage can the next day because my wife thought it was a solicitation card instead of an actual card it was made so cheap. (thank heavens I caught it Smiley Happy)

Message 51 of 56
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Not sure I have a complaint about quality of the card but would like to compliment Discover it and Chase Freedom.  I can quickly grab the one I want out of my wallet because the plastic edges are distinct color.

Discover it = fluorescent Orange
Chase Freedom = fluorescent Green

Very handy for me to ID and pull out. 

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 52 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Not sure I have a complaint about quality of the card but would like to compliment Discover it and Chase Freedom.  I can quickly grab the one I want out of my wallet because the plastic edges are distinct color.

Discover it = fluorescent Orange
Chase Freedom = fluorescent Green

Very handy for me to ID and pull out. 

I like the edge colors, it makes it nice when cards are stacked in a wallet. On the flip side my Amex cards are next to impossible to find, even when I only have 4-5 cards with the darn clear card I have to pull them half way out to see what card I have.

Message 53 of 56
rlx01
Established Contributor

This seems to be US issuer related.

My other cards from Australia and the UK are all very sturdy and well made.

Maybe the transition to EMV has issuers cutting costs.
Message 54 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

The actual Quicksilver cards are completel garbage.  They don't even have embossed numbers, my biggest beef with them.  I was quick to get my own image put onto the cards.  

I wish all cards were metal like my CSP Smiley Indifferent

Message 55 of 56
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Capital one cards minus the Venture. I'm hoping the quicksilver emv cards are better quality-wise.

I received my Quicksilver Card with EMV chip and it looks fancy and better quality, I realll liked it.

My comenity store cards are better than the QS1.  I don't get why my store cards have a harder plastic than my QS1 and this is the updated card with the chip.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.