Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheated the System!

tag
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Cheated the System!

So opened up my Gold Delta AmEx in January (because it was the easiest revovler to get), got my bouns 30,000 miles.  Just cashed them in today, and just got off the phone w/ AmEx to switch my card to the BCE card.  Ain't nobody got time to pay an annual fee. Smiley Wink

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cheated the System!

Lol congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FabulousDtheBruin wrote:

So opened up my Gold Delta AmEx in January (because it was the easiest revovler to get), got my bouns 30,000 miles.  Just cashed them in today, and just got off the phone w/ AmEx to switch my card to the BCE card.  Ain't nobody got time to pay an annual fee. Smiley Wink

CONGRATS!!!

I'd watch yourself doing that with AMEX tho, if they see a pattern they will do AA.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 37
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Nice, congrats.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 37
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Slick - congrats!

Message 5 of 37
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@FabulousDtheBruin wrote:

lol pro, careful with amex.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 6 of 37
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

I'm happy you got the points, honestly. But it's no wonder cc sign up bonuses are shrinking and harder to get.
Message 7 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@nada9188 wrote:
I'm happy you got the points, honestly. But it's no wonder cc sign up bonuses are shrinking and harder to get.

+1

It's well known that playing with fire or cheating the system only hurts consumers in the end.

Message 8 of 37
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@nada9188 wrote:

+1

It's well known that playing with fire or cheating the system only hurts consumers in the end.

They could have easily said no, as I am sure they saw that the miles were just awarded and now it was being closed. Chase is abused far more than this.

Message 9 of 37
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

They don't have much control. On the delta card the miles are out of their hands once earned.
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.