Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Your Fidelity (Elan) Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check Your Fidelity (Elan) Accounts

Not sure if this has been discussed yet....

I logged into my Fidelity 401K account and noticed that the new Elan Visa card is now showing.... What I noticed was that the limit on the card was nowhere near the limit that is currently on my Amex card.....

I have a 35K limit on the Amex version.

On the new Visa.... 17.8K

That's a big drop for me and will affect my credit score big time...

I called up Fidelity and they said that there is notithng they can do till after the conversion. I told them there is no way Elan back is going to give me nearly 20K in credit to get it back to where it was. I told them I worked very hard for that limit and they said that there is nothing that can be done till July.

I then called FIA card services and they said that there is nothing that can be done. They seemed shocked when I told them about the limit not being transfered over. I then asked if there was anywa i can jump into another card or something that I wouldn't loose all of that credit and they said that everything is being transfered over and that, that is the only card that they service....

Not good folks.. not good.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Check Your Fidelity (Elan) Accounts

Was wondering if Elan/US Bank was going to do this.. Best of luck to all of you with huge limits on with the FIA cards during the conversion and hopefully everyone doesn't get slaughtered limits.

17.8k is still a very good limit, but completly understand where OP is coming from.

Message 2 of 24
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

Just checked mine on Elan and Fidelity,  they are both the same CL and APR, 25k@11.24

Message 3 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Necromancer wrote:

Just checked mine on Elan and Fidelity,  they are both the same CL and APR, 25k@11.24

Isnt elan fidelity visa card at 14.x apr?  Or grandfathered apr?

Message 4 of 24
Involver
Valued Contributor

Wonderful, my limit got axed too from 45k to 30k. Time to make some phone calls.
Message 5 of 24
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

I think senior Fidelity people would want to know that their biggest cardholders are upset about this. Try calling Fidelity, not FIA or Elan, and ask to escalate your call until someone says they'll sort this out.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them and they they can't do anything till after the conversion goes through. This is a huge blow to me if I loose this much credit. I didn't have enough time to really get into it with them the way I wanted to. We all need to call.
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the question that I have for some members.

Did you request a CLI in December 2015 or January 2016? It could be a possibility that they only have the info before the transation from BOA to Us Bank.

@whipple1raptor, what was your credit limit prior reaching out 35K? Did you go from $17.8 to $35K?

All coversions have some glitch and I hope this is the case. 

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great catch. I think my limit was 17.8k. I received 2 cli in 2016.
Message 9 of 24
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Necromancer wrote:

Isnt elan fidelity visa card at 14.x apr?  Or grandfathered apr?

Grandfathered from FIA, got an APR reduction about a year ago.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.