Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check for hard pulls?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check for hard pulls?

Hi, relatively new here. I am a member and not sure how to check for hard pulls? Is there a way w/o waiting to get an alert in the app? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Check for hard pulls?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, relatively new here. I am a member and not sure how to check for hard pulls? Is there a way w/o waiting to get an alert in the app? Thanks in advance. 

Use creditkarma for EQ/TU once a week and credit.com for Experian..  CK is once per week you can see and credit dot com is once per month.  Free way to check your inquiries, don't trust really anything else on them though.  Or can always pay for all 3 reports here for 60$

Message 2 of 13
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

All the free site are generally great for basic monitoring (can't complain about anything when it's free!)

But my new favoriate free site is Wallethub.com, as it has daily TU Vantage monitoring.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both!  Separate question---why do so many credit card companies use Experian??  I have 1 pull on Equifax and Transunion and all of the rest on Experian! Very frustrating.  

Message 4 of 13
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

It's generally dependant on your region, but no one can say for sure which report any lender will pull. But there are some predictable lenders, like Discover and Barclays are safe to say that they will pull TU, AMEX Experian, Capital One all three, US Bank TU. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

well discover is regional as they pulled equifax for me but SP TU for CLIs. and i was quite sure you're not supposed to condone the freezing of reports to force lenders to use another CRA?
Message 6 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you both!  Separate question---why do so many credit card companies use Experian??  I have 1 pull on Equifax and Transunion and all of the rest on Experian! Very frustrating.  

I'm in the Midwest and I have the opposite issue.  Seems like this region is TU happy and EQ follows closely behind.  Other than CapOne, I've yet to have any lender pull EX which usually is my better score.  

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

the most common for me is this order: equifax, experian then transunion.
Message 8 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
the most common for me is this order: equifax, experian then transunion.

ditto

Message 9 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

When I lived in Chicago TU was king since their HQ is based there 

In Florida EX followed by EQ

I seriously need a TU puller ....Just because Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.