Did you mean: 

Check me in...I need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Check me in...I need help

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay, so many this isn't as bad as some folks addictions, but I promised myself I would NOT apply for any other cards because I aim to buy a house in the 1st or 2nd quarter of 2009 and I didn't want to add any other inquiries. My credit is realitively young approx 3+ years, so average age is not too much of a concern, and I had not applied for any cards in 2 years until June when I received a Chase & PenFed....

Stop now. You're OK with these two, but stop now. Cut out a picture of a house and tape it on your computer screen if you need to. Just stop now. You're going to be in great shape come mortgage time. Smiley Happy

Believe me, I hear ya. I have some final tweaking to do next January and March, and I'm bored and restless, which is always a bit dangerous with me!

Gardening time. Smiley Wink

Yes, I think you hit it. I did my fixing and now I'm getting bored. I will tape up house pictures. Great idea!  I hope this doesn't hurt me. So scared.

I guess the plus side is that they gave me the highest CL I currently have.  Hopefully my other cards will follow suit.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 07-20-2008 04:06 PM
Message 11 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I think you hit it. I did my fixing and now I'm getting bored. I will tape up house pictures. Great idea! I hope this doesn't hurt me. So scared.

Really, you'll be fine. It's unreasonable to expect people with short credit histories to go into the deep freeze for 12 months before a mortgage. What if they get a job transfer and need a new house? What if they get a raise? So you haven't hurt yourself, and probably getting two good cards will wind up helping. You just don't need any more newness dings after these.

I typed out my plan on Notepad for where I wanted to go with my credit, and I made myself read it every time before I logged on the forums, just so I wouldn't get caught up in the frenzy. Everyone comes up with a different solution, or everyone who manages to stick to their plan!

Crocheting is starting to look pretty good to me. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's see: after I called the rep, they gave me a 3k credit limit (what a joke from 500 to 3000,uh?) Shortly after, I saw it was 5k.  I have never asked for an increase at all.  Since I wasn't as knowledgeable about FICO and "pulls", etc. I really don't know if it was hard or soft.  That was about 3 years ago.

Now, I have a gold card (10K) and a plat one (23k) (they offered both and did do a hard).  Plus I had a car loan 4 years ago which I immediately paid off with equity from my house (another perk of being a homeowner).  They prob didn't like that too much because they didn't make any interest off that car loan!  Smiley Very Happy

But, as someone said, cool it for now since you're getting a home.  Good luck with that!
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. That's great!  Yeah, I really am done with all my cc's.  It was almost a stupid game of seeing "if" I could get it.  Which was dumb, but it's done...what can I do.

Thanks for the luck on the home. My scores are in the 740-750 range right now. Might take a hit for this latest cc addition, but hopefully in the 9 months or so before I apply, I'll make that back and then some. 

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 07-20-2008 04:46 PM
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOLY COW. Discover is already on my Experian report. I only apped this past weekend and the card isn't even here yet.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.