cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your CABELA's CC!! Mine just had FRAUD!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Check your CABELA's CC!! Mine just had FRAUD!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Checked my account and the DW's. They're ok.

check the available credit!!!  Thats how I knew something weird was going on...since you cant see pending chanrges!!

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though it's a chipped card, if the machine isn't enabled to read chip, just swiping will approve the transaction. I've seen it on multiple occasions.
Message 22 of 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
I agree with Irish. Take this for what it is: basically an inconvenience. Freezing reports and fraud alerts to me are just over the top in this situation.

+1...you should be ok pizza.

well, this was a 1st for me, so was not sure what to do in the sitattion, but I do know that the rep, fraud lady, and  super got an ear full about their lame practices. Will still probably close it. Once im pissed about something, and make up my mid, theres usually a slim to none chance it can be reversed. 

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had two different cards get hit within 2 weeks of each other.  I feel your pain and anger about it.  I was so mad the first time, not at Cap1's response but mad that someone had the nerver to do this to another human being.  So when I finally got over being mad, I got hit again.  That time, I just shrugged and said thank you for sending a new card.  I watched my reports for a month, don't think it's identity theft, most likely a gas station skimmer (popular around here).  Now I'm that crazy lady that shakes the heck out of them before swiping my card......

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

check the available credit!!!  Thats how I knew something weird was going on...since you cant see pending chanrges!!

Ours are fine.

Message 25 of 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had two different cards get hit within 2 weeks of each other.  I feel your pain and anger about it.  I was so mad the first time, not at Cap1's response but mad that someone had the nerver to do this to another human being.  So when I finally got over being mad, I got hit again.  That time, I just shrugged and said thank you for sending a new card.  I watched my reports for a month, don't think it's identity theft, most likely a gas station skimmer (popular around here).  Now I'm that crazy lady that shakes the heck out of them before swiping my card......

I would have no idea what a skimmer even looked like, to save my life!!  LOL...Sorry for your troubles too, and I may be overreacting because this is my first time EVER to be a victim of CC fraud, and Im MAD!!! This just might be my new "garden" thing....track down somehow the POS that did this...Im pretty crafty, Ill go on a hunt. LOL

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand your frustration. I knew some people sometime back that bought counterfeit cards. Just hold tight. People buy lists of card numbers and imprint new cards so that explains the swipes. Your card info was on the lists.

The users swipe away until the original card holder catches on and then they stop.

Just fill out the paperwork and get your replacement card.  You'll be ok.

THAT scres me.  UGH!! Do they have my private info too ike SSN, Address,  etc...or just the acct number?? Should I put  fraud alert on my reports, or freeze them??  Im sooooo upset about this!! Ive never had this happen to me!

No you don't need to do any of that.  I know it's frustrating but please don't overreact.  If you enough credit cards, in time you will have more fraudulent charges.  It's the nature of the beast and something that we unfortunately have to put up  You have no liability thankfully and other than waiting for new card, in the end, it's just a minor inconvenience.  Be thankful you don't have Chase cards.  They get used fraudulently all the time or so it seems.  They don't have any of your private info so you can sleep well tonight.

Thanks IrishSmiley Happy  I still feel like Im gonna be Pissed about this a week from now.   Mostly because their website is LAME, and I cant see pending charges, if I could I would have known immediately and called in. I tried last night when I saw my "available credit" was way off, but the last charges were mine from the 8th! 

And then, atfer NOT receiving any phone calls, emails, nothing from them, and the way I treated on the phone.....Im pretty sure Im closing it. Im super pissed...Smiley Sad

I check my major CC's online twice a day, morning, and evening. Im always on top of it. 

Well that's an entirely different subject and I agree that their site sounds shi*y and that you weren't treated well on the phone.  There needs to be a better way for them to report questionable charges

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand your frustration. I knew some people sometime back that bought counterfeit cards. Just hold tight. People buy lists of card numbers and imprint new cards so that explains the swipes. Your card info was on the lists.

The users swipe away until the original card holder catches on and then they stop.

THAT scres me.  UGH!! Do they have my private info too ike SSN, Address,  etc...or just the acct number?? Should I put  fraud alert on my reports, or freeze them??  Im sooooo upset about this!! Ive never had this happen to me!

No you don't need to do any of that.  I know it's frustrating but please don't overreact.  If you enough credit cards, in time you will have more fraudulent charges.  It's the nature of the beast and something that we unfortunately have to put up  You have no liability thankfully and other than waiting for new card, in the end, it's just a minor inconvenience.  Be thankful you don't have Chase cards.  They get used fraudulently all the time or so it seems.  They don't have any of your private info so you can sleep well tonight.

Thanks IrishSmiley Happy  I still feel like Im gonna be Pissed about this a week from now.   Mostly because their website is LAME, and I cant see pending charges, if I could I would have known immediately and called in. I tried last night when I saw my "available credit" was way off, but the last charges were mine from the 8th! 

And then, atfer NOT receiving any phone calls, emails, nothing from them, and the way I treated on the phone.....Im pretty sure Im closing it. Im super pissed...Smiley Sad

I check my major CC's online twice a day, morning, and evening. Im always on top of it. 

Well that's an entirely different subject and I agree that their site sounds shi*y and that you weren't treated well on the phone.  There needs to be a better way for them to report questionable charges

I agree. How are you supposed to know anything if the pending transactions aren't posted?

Message 28 of 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree. How are you supposed to know anything if the pending transactions aren't posted?

RIGHT!!!  Its not even an option!!! YOu can only see posted charges, and you have to rely on the "available credit" to make sure everything is fine. 

Message 29 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really the title of the thread is wrong, unless you think that the issuer was hacked.    If this is a skimming attack, then more useful would be "If you used a card at  [specific locations X], check the card!"

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.