cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your CABELA's CC!! Mine just had FRAUD!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Check your CABELA's CC!! Mine just had FRAUD!!

I understand your frustration. I knew some people sometime back that bought counterfeit cards. Just hold tight. People buy lists of card numbers and imprint new cards so that explains the swipes. Your card info was on the lists.

The users swipe away until the original card holder catches on and then they stop.

Just fill out the paperwork and get your replacement card.  You'll be ok.

Message 11 of 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand your frustration. I knew some people sometime back that bought counterfeit cards. Just hold tight. People buy lists of card numbers and imprint new cards so that explains the swipes. Your card info was on the lists.

The users swipe away until the original card holder catches on and then they stop.

THAT scres me.  UGH!! Do they have my private info too ike SSN, Address,  etc...or just the acct number?? Should I put  fraud alert on my reports, or freeze them??  Im sooooo upset about this!! Ive never had this happen to me!

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

THAT scres me.  UGH!! Do they have my private info too ike SSN, Address,  etc...or just the acct number?? Should I put  fraud alert on my reports, or freeze them??  Im sooooo upset about this!! Ive never had this happen to me!

I would wait. Somewhere you used your card could have been compromised. A fraud alert could be a pain in the future if it was just one issue.

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No you don't need to do any of that.  I know it's frustrating but please don't overreact.  If you enough credit cards, in time you will have more fraudulent charges.  It's the nature of the beast and something that we unfortunately have to put up  You have no liability thankfully and other than waiting for new card, in the end, it's just a minor inconvenience.  Be thankful you don't have Chase cards.  They get used fraudulently all the time or so it seems.  They don't have any of your private info so you can sleep well tonight.

Message 14 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What they have depends on the source. Fraudulent charges on a cc are not necessarily a sign of a big issue.   Be on the lookout for accounts appearing on your CR, that is much more dangerous.    Best practice for identity theft would involve NOT using existing credit cards, as this alerts the victim to a problem, just silently create the accounts and use them.    But not all theives follow best practice, and if they can make money selling cloned cards, hard to resist!

Message 15 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I agree with Irish. Take this for what it is: basically an inconvenience. Freezing reports and fraud alerts to me are just over the top in this situation.
Message 16 of 30
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
I agree with Irish. Take this for what it is: basically an inconvenience. Freezing reports and fraud alerts to me are just over the top in this situation.

+1...you should be ok pizza.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 17 of 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No you don't need to do any of that.  I know it's frustrating but please don't overreact.  If you enough credit cards, in time you will have more fraudulent charges.  It's the nature of the beast and something that we unfortunately have to put up  You have no liability thankfully and other than waiting for new card, in the end, it's just a minor inconvenience.  Be thankful you don't have Chase cards.  They get used fraudulently all the time or so it seems.  They don't have any of your private info so you can sleep well tonight.

Thanks IrishSmiley Happy  I still feel like Im gonna be Pissed about this a week from now.   Mostly because their website is LAME, and I cant see pending charges, if I could I would have known immediately and called in. I tried last night when I saw my "available credit" was way off, but the last charges were mine from the 8th! 

And then, atfer NOT receiving any phone calls, emails, nothing from them, and the way I treated on the phone.....Im pretty sure Im closing it. Im super pissed...Smiley Sad

I check my major CC's online twice a day, morning, and evening. Im always on top of it. 

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked my account and the DW's. They're ok.

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Freeze is a good idea, if nothing else it will help your gardening goal.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.