Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron Approved!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chevron Approved!

I had applied and got instant notice of let you know so figured they pulled EQ which was frozen however last night "Late" I got e-mail about a change to my credit report from my credit watch... log in this morning and it says a TU Credit pull dated today the 4th, log in here just now and got the number and called and it says "we verified you to the number you are calling" I enter last 4 of social and it says you have a credit line of $650 and no payment due at this time...

So I was approved for just regular store card Chevron for $650!

I was REALLY hoping for Visa but that's okay for now.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Chevron Approved!

so did you apply for the Visa and all they gave you was the ceron card or did you just apply for the chevron card, just curious how that works

Message 2 of 10
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats.  Now you rollin with Techron.Smiley Very Happy

BTW...this statement closes on about the 23rd of every month not 23 days from your first purchase.  So if you use now, you will see a due bill before the month closes.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I had applied and got instant notice of let you know so figured they pulled EQ which was frozen however last night "Late" I got e-mail about a change to my credit report from my credit watch... log in this morning and it says a TU Credit pull dated today the 4th, log in here just now and got the number and called and it says "we verified you to the number you are calling" I enter last 4 of social and it says you have a credit line of $650 and no payment due at this time...

So I was approved for just regular store card Chevron for $650!

I was REALLY hoping for Visa but that's okay for now.

Congrats!!!

Howmany cards do you have??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

BTW...this statement closes on about the 23rd of every month not 23 days from your first purchase.  So if you use now, you will see a due bill before the month closes.

I just checked my statement date with Chevron says 12/18, isnt everyone different?

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes, aloways apply for Visa or whatever if option (I think the exception to that rule is Best Buy)

I wanted the Visa for the 10c off, however I buy 95% of my gas at Chevron, other then (forget name) that only takes cash and debit cards, Chevron is the cheapest around here... However Monday I got gas at Costco and although it usually is about 5 cent savings usually the line is to long and I just get Chevron while over the hill (10-20c cheaper then my side of hill) however Monday costco was 26c cheaper then the Chevron!

How many cards do I have?! Oh My... I'm not sure at this point, That might take a bit to figure out, I'll try to work on that number while Im driving today, got to run for some appointments.

Message 6 of 10
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@JusdoNit wrote:

I just checked my statement date with Chevron says 12/18, isnt everyone different?

Maybe, I guess then. Idk. I was trying to say it will most likely report before the month closes.  My apologies if I was unclear in my thought line.

For me I was very surprised that the first day I used it after receiving the card was 12/8 and not only did the statement close, but also reported to the CRA's with a balance that 23rd day or the next.  I had planned for that card to always have a zero balance.  It does now, but now I won't use it again until after it reports a $0 balance again.  It did give me until 1/16/12 to make a payment though.

Hope this helps with your new card utilization strategy, if not toss.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

How many cards do I have?! Oh My... I'm not sure at this point, That might take a bit to figure out, I'll try to work on that number while Im driving today, got to run for some appointments.

Can you post a picture on the thread?

Jayson T has the ongouing record with 34.

Message 8 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval. Smiley Very Happy I applied Chevron Visa a few years ago and I got denied because unable to verify ID. I already had Chevron Card when I applied.  I called them after I got denied notice. They told me to re-apply after 30 days.

Ron.

Message 9 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Picture of Credit Cards?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.