Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron Texaco Prequalified!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chevron Texaco Prequalified!

I remember wanting to apply for this card. So today, an invitation to apply for a chevron/texaco card arrived. I went to the website, and typed in the verification code, my info, and almost instantly I saw a message. The first thing I saw was "7-10 business days" so I got bummed for a second, but it said this:

Congratulations! You will receive your card in 7-10 business days. If you do not receive it, please
call 1-866-447-0166.

I called just to make sure I read this right, they approved me for $400.

GEMB does not black list, I still have an old CO from them from 2002.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chevron Texaco Prequalified!

Congrats
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS....
Message 3 of 9
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Congrats, is this the visa card  or the store gas card?

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'm just thankful, and don't want to mess up. Just a year ago I couldn't even get ANY cap-one card, and barely got financed for an auto @ 19%.

Bella, it is the store card. It's all I wanted in order to have a couple of store branded cards to help my over all mix.
Message 5 of 9
Scamp
Valued Contributor

going, congrats on the new card!! Smiley Happy

Was your pre-qual offer the one with the 20 cents/gallon rebate for the first 2 billing cycles (that's the one I got in the mail yesterday)?

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 6 of 9
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

What's up with the gas companies?  This week I've received pre-approval offers in the mail from Conoco, Chevron and Exxon.  I've shredded them all but it's nice to see them come in.
Message 7 of 9
Scamp
Valued Contributor

kball64 wrote:
Congratulations!

What's up with the gas companies?  This week I've received pre-approval offers in the mail from Conoco, Chevron and Exxon.  I've shredded them all but it's nice to see them come in.

Gas is so friggin' high-priced that people aren't buying if they can't possibly help it, they're avoiding driving if they can help it, they're refusing to buy gas-guzzling behemoth SUV's and truck's and whatever anymore, they're buying SmartCars and other little gas-sippers instead...

...gas companies are seeing sales decline big-time (I hope!!!), so they're sending out these offers to try to convince people to go back more to their old spending habits on gas, hoping to get back the obscene profits they've gotten so used to seeing, lately.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scapegrace13 wrote:
going, congrats on the new card!! Smiley Happy

Was your pre-qual offer the one with the 20 cents/gallon rebate for the first 2 billing cycles (that's the one I got in the mail yesterday)?

Yes it was! It had a little note inside too, "Please do not open unless you have already decided to say NO."
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.