cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron Texaco card account was closed...letter advice?

tag
reereetx
Contributor

Chevron Texaco card account was closed...letter advice?

Hello-

My husband had a Chevron/Texaco card and had paid timely on it.  Last year we got into a financial bind and somehow a payment that was made bounced and then by the time we found out there were extra fees.  I don't recall the actual "timeline" but they closed the account.  As far as I know it has not gone into "collections".  I say that because I still go online to the Chevron website that we always did...and I make at least the minimum payment on time each month and have ever since this happened (roughly a year ago).  Plus I have not seen any letters or received calls about it.  It still lists the account as closed however.  We were just curious if there was a way to write a letter and see if it could be "reinstated"?  The balance is about half what it was at the time it was closed.  I'm sure it would be "best" to pay it completely first...but didn't know if it was worth a try now.  Not looking for "lectures" or anything like that...just a simple yes or not at this time answer.  I've heard of people having closed accounts get reinstated but I wasn't sure if they wrote letters; made phone calls; or if the companies did it themselves after the consumer paid timely.  If there was a letter that could be sent...I would appreciate a template to use.  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.