cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron Texaco card convert to visa card....

tag
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

Chevron Texaco card convert to visa card....

I have the chevron card with a LOW LOW limit of 300 dollars. I opened it like about 11 months ago AND they do not budge on CLI. I would like to convert the chevron card to a visa version. Do they do that? Can they do it if they want to? Sometimes gas is cheaper at other gas stations than chevron thats why i want to convert. if they dont give me a CLI in 6 months from now on I might consider closing this account,

I am rebuilding credit from BK chap 7       19 months ago discharged.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chevron Texaco card convert to visa card....

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

I have the chevron card with a LOW LOW limit of 300 dollars. I opened it like about 11 months ago AND they do not budge on CLI. I would like to convert the chevron card to a visa version. Do they do that? Can they do it if they want to? Sometimes gas is cheaper at other gas stations than chevron thats why i want to convert. if they dont give me a CLI in 6 months from now on I might consider closing this account,

I believe they only upgrade it if they offer it to you.  I do not think you can request it.  I think all the Synchrony cards work that way.  From all the reading I've done online, I do not know what they look for, but I would imagine they like to see a lot of swiping of the card.  My BP card was approved for 500 I believe in May and I swipe it around five to eight times a month and this month they auto increased me to 1200.  I've never tried asking for a Credit Limit Increase though.

I've noticed two of the three Synchrony cards I have I swipe a lot and they have auto increased me.  The one I hardly use, they've kept it as is on the limit.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will never give you an auto CLI.  I've had mine for 15 years with heavy usage and my limit is still the same at $400

Message 3 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

AFAIK, they do not offer an upgrade to the Visa version.   You would need to reapply.  As for CLI, have you tried working through Credit Solutions?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

I started out at $500.  All the increases I have gotten by using the chat function on the website.  I am now at $2500.  Had the card since February.

Message 5 of 14
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

I have the same Chevron/Texaco card.  From the info here it doesn't make sense to keep it.  Mine is at $300 limit and I can get gas cheaper and more conveniently elsewhere.  I think I'm going to close it.  I've only had it opened a few months but it won't hurt my AAoA or Util. 

Message 6 of 14
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

OP - Call Synchrony's backdoor number: 1 (866) 519-6441

I've had a ChevronTexaco Card for over five years and it was always stuck at a $600 limit. Every online CLI request was always denied.

I called them yesterday and the Analyst approved me for a $4,000 credit line. I was on the phone for probably ten minutes.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They will never give you an auto CLI.  I've had mine for 15 years with heavy usage and my limit is still the same at $400

I've had the card since October and I've received 2 auto CLIs. The first was 2 months after I had it though it was only from $400 to $500, but I just received one this month when I logged in that bumped it up to $1300.

Message 8 of 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Data points for CLI's are all over the map, some people get them automatically while others have had to practically beg and plead for one. There is no sure fire way to get a CLI but usage certainly helps. As far as the visa goes, as others have said there is no upgrade available, if there were they'd have to offer it to you, otherwise you would have to apply for it directly and that usually takes a TU north of 670.
Message 9 of 14
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

You can apply directly for the visa, I applied and was approved for $1,500. Called CS for a 6000 cli
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.