Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron Visa Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chevron Visa Upgrade

Also received my letter in the mail today.  Hadn't used card in 6 months.  When I did, I paid in full.  Don't like having a new account, but like the VISA option.  Interest rate stinks; hope Sam's Club and Walmart will upgrade. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chevron Visa Upgrade

@Anonymous wrote:

Also received my letter in the mail today.  Hadn't used card in 6 months.  When I did, I paid in full.  Don't like having a new account, but like the VISA option.  Interest rate stinks; hope Sam's Club and Walmart will upgrade. 

That's news.   IIRC, they didn't use to offer upgrades on Chevron cards.  Congrats!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 7
Superpet39
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade!!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's news.   IIRC, they didn't use to offer upgrades on Chevron cards.  Congrats!

Thanks SunriseEarth.

Was on the forum a couple of days ago and saw another poster mentioning about getting an upgrade.  When the mail came today, the offer was in it.  Although I'm not crazy about the interest rate, it at least allows me a chance to change a gas card into a VISA.  Now if only I could get an offer from Walmart and Sam's Club. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Superpet39 wrote:

Congrats on the upgrade!!

Thanks Superpet.

Cool Marvel card.  Would like one of those, but got my eye on Chase.

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Bigdaddy! Im with you, i wish i could get the Sams and Walmart mcs but if i had a preference id take the Sams as if you have that in essence wouldnt need the Wally, but it would be nice to have. If they offered me it now id probably take it as my cards and age are so close together but in 6 months to a year not sure. Great daySmiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats Bigdaddy! Im with you, i wish i could get the Sams and Walmart mcs but if i had a preference id take the Sams as if you have that in essence wouldnt need the Wally, but it would be nice to have. If they offered me it now id probably take it as my cards and age are so close together but in 6 months to a year not sure. Great daySmiley Happy

Thanks AverageJoe.

I hear what you're saying about Sam's and Walmart.  I just really don't want to apply for any new cards, so getting upgrades on the two would be the cherry on top.  I've only had 2 inquires in the last 6 months, and before that last July and October, so rebuilding is going well.  Have a good day too.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.