Chintzy Capital One

tag
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chintzy Capital One

Congrats

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 11 of 20
TeeGee
Contributor

I also disagree.  My old Orchard moved from $320 to $10,000 with 2 different calls/CLI's from EO in 6 months

OMG you have got to be kidding me.  That's huge - maybe I should try one more time.  

I guess I feel a slight loyalty to Cap 1 since without that HSBC card, I wouldn't have climbed the fico scale at all; then my 2nd card was the QS.  Also, through a lot of hard work, emailing the CEO, etc. they DID take off a tradeline that was a write off since I was a "loyal" Cap 1 member with 2 cards.  

I've since graduated nicely.  I'll never have the huge CL's some have because I'm on a fixed income, but without those initial 2 cards, I wouldn't have done it.  That being said, I don't use the cards at all anymore.  In fact they owe me money.  I won't close them, but I'll never use them again - why should I with 0% on a few cards for about the next 18 mos or so?

Amex $6K BankofAmer $2K CapPlatinum $2.5K Macys $1K Chase RR $16K CapQS $2.5K Discover $8.5K IN THE GARDEN til 6/1/2015
Beginning FICO 630 ish EQ 732/EXP 735/TU 753 (Aug) Goal 800
Message 12 of 20
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Cut them loose.  Thats what I will be doing soon.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 13 of 20
keithB
Established Contributor

@TeeGee wrote:

I also disagree.  My old Orchard moved from $320 to $10,000 with 2 different calls/CLI's from EO in 6 months

OMG you have got to be kidding me.  That's huge - maybe I should try one more time.  

I guess I feel a slight loyalty to Cap 1 since without that HSBC card, I wouldn't have climbed the fico scale at all; then my 2nd card was the QS.  Also, through a lot of hard work, emailing the CEO, etc. they DID take off a tradeline that was a write off since I was a "loyal" Cap 1 member with 2 cards.  

I've since graduated nicely.  I'll never have the huge CL's some have because I'm on a fixed income, but without those initial 2 cards, I wouldn't have done it.  That being said, I don't use the cards at all anymore.  In fact they owe me money.  I won't close them, but I'll never use them again - why should I with 0% on a few cards for about the next 18 mos or so?

Recon, a lot of posts are suggesting that CapOne is loosening up the purse strings lately Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@dallasjetfan wrote:

+1

Crap1 sure has an uncanny way of making the many bitter while making the few completely satisfied. Beats all i ever saw in a CC/Bank Lender Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 20
irrational
Frequent Contributor

@TeeGee wrote:

I just 'chatted' and requested a reduction in interest.  I got the whopping 15.99% APR on 1 card only (the newest one; quicksilver) for ONLY SEVEN MONTHS!!  After that it goes back to almost 20%.  

Are you planning on carrying a balance? If not, then the APR is entirely pointless. If you are planning on carrying a balance, 16% is still highway robbery. 

I dont pay any mind to APRs unless they're 0% offers. Unsecured loans are almost always the worst way to finance something. No offense.

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 16 of 20
jaebsf
Contributor

I wouldn't bother with Crapital One's EO! At one time you needed them. But it seems you no longer do. Why should you have to implore them to treat you decently, let alone be competitive. F them. Wih your scores other banks will be glad to treat you like a valued customer and be competitive.

Message 17 of 20
Mr_Icky

I think your onto something, they just bumped a card I've had for 7 years from $500 to $2000

Edit/ trying to quote post 14

Message 18 of 20
--HighHopes--
Regular Contributor

I had gotten my QS1 card as a builder card and at the time the only other cards I had were even less than sub prime Credit One and 1st Premier (yes when i first started my credit portfolio I was dumb and didn't know any better) but both those cards were $500 and I was approved for the QS1 with a $300 line in the Credit Steps.  I immediately hit the love button and got a letter in the mail stating my account was uneligible for an increase because its too new.  Well I called EO and explained that I would have no use for that card because one trip would max it out.  They told me that after 5 months I'd get an auto increase, but I told them that was too far off and they said they would call me back and when they did she said that the most she could do is $1K right now but after 5 months it would go up again and I agreed.  So even though its not a great CL I think they were pretty good considering I had just opened it and didn't have any other competitive cards!  After a few months I went on a spree and got Chase, Citi, BOA, AMEX, and Discover so I have to think that Capital One did help in me being able to get those cards and dump my crappy credit one and premier.  I think they are really for rebuilding and probably never gonna be my go to card with the other prime cards i have but they did serve the purpose of why i got them to begin with so I'm satisfied with that.

Message 19 of 20
keithB
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@dallasjetfan wrote:

+1

Crap1 sure has an uncanny way of making the many bitter while making the few completely satisfied. Beats all i ever saw in a CC/Bank Lender Smiley Frustrated

It's like life, some people are just never satisfied.  

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.