Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chip/Sig on AMEX PRG?

tag
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

Re: Chip/Sig on AMEX PRG?

@One7 wrote:

I figured that was the case, but Ive already seen two different people with the Chip on their SPG going back a couple months, so I know that its already possible.

It's available in Europe with EMV, but not in the U.S.

760 (TU) 755 (EX) 740 (EQ)

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 11 of 26
GOldfishes
Contributor

Well I'm sorry but that isn't true. I am looking at my US SPG w/ chip right now.

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 12 of 26
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

@GOldfishes wrote:

Well I'm sorry but that isn't true. I am looking at my US SPG w/ chip right now.

Well lucky you! I've been told by a few different CSRs that it isn't available in the U.S. Glad you got one. Was it difficult to get?

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 13 of 26
GOldfishes
Contributor

All it took was a live chat conversation. I got it back when they first started offering chips on non-plat/cent cards. I guess it's possible that they stopped offering the SPG w/ chip, but I think that is unlikely. I think that the reps generally don't know that much about EMV, you may just have to keep trying.

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 14 of 26
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

@GOldfishes wrote:

All it took was a live chat conversation. I got it back when they first started offering chips on non-plat/cent cards. I guess it's possible that they stopped offering the SPG w/ chip, but I think that is unlikely. I think that the reps generally don't know that much about EMV, you may just have to keep trying.

This is very true. It took me about five calls to get my BCE switched over, and other four calls for my Gold Delta (which just got EMV on May 1). I just spoke with Amex today after I apped for my PRG, and they said it will ship with an EMV. Looks like they may have made some changes after May 1.

Message 15 of 26
nyancat
Established Contributor

@MrCollector wrote:

@GOldfishes wrote:

This is very true. It took me about five calls to get my BCE switched over, and other four calls for my Gold Delta (which just got EMV on May 1). I just spoke with Amex today after I apped for my PRG, and they said it will ship with an EMV. Looks like they may have made some changes after May 1.

Interesting, I was told my Delta card will NOT ship with EMV and that they cannot change that before shipping - I need to call to switch it once I get the card.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 16 of 26
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@MrCollector wrote:

@GOldfishes wrote:

Interesting, I was told my Delta card will NOT ship with EMV and that they cannot change that before shipping - I need to call to switch it once I get the card.

Were you approved afer May 1? This is the date it became available, but I don't know if they have started shipping EMV standard for Delta yet.

Message 17 of 26
One7
Valued Contributor

@GOldfishes wrote:

So there is hope for me yet! I'm going to keep harassing them until I find the right rep who knows what's going on. Thanks for the information Smiley Happy

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 18 of 26
nyancat
Established Contributor

@MrCollector wrote:

Were you approved afer May 1? This is the date it became available, but I don't know if they have started shipping EMV standard for Delta yet.

Yes, I was approved just yesterday, I was told that no, it won't be shipped EMV.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 19 of 26
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@MrCollector wrote:

Well lucky you! I've been told by a few different CSRs that it isn't available in the U.S.

The usual caveat with all CSR's (with any company) applies.  I've been told by a numbers of CSR's that EMV wasn't available on cards that were available with EMV.  Granted, they were all just offered with EMV at the time but a given CSR can always be mistaken or uninformed.  As always, validate, corroborate, etc.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.