cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing between 2 CITI Thank You Preferred Offers.

tag
Crystalsicles
Established Member

Choosing between 2 CITI Thank You Preferred Offers.

I currently have 2 offers from CITI for the Thank You Preferred Mastercard. The first offer is for 0% APR for 21 months and 11.99% APR afterwards. The other is 10,000 bonus points if I spend $500 in the first 3 months (redeemable for $100 in gift cards), 0% APR for 15 months and 12.99 APR afterwards. I'm trying to decide which one to choose or if I should apply for the card at all. Any suggestions?

LB/WFNNB (Opened- 12/06) Capital One Platinum (Opened- 7/06) AMEX (Opened- 2/12) Chase Freedom (Opened- 2/12) GE/Havertys (Opened 8/12)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Choosing between 2 CITI Thank You Preferred Offers.

It depends if you need a zero APR at all, and if so, for how long?  If you don't, and don't usually carry a balance, then this isn't a great card.  The $100 bonus is low, the standard offers are $200-$300 (with a higher spend though).  The TYP isn't a very good for rewards IMO.  But if you need a 0% APR for 21 months, then this is good!

Message 2 of 5
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

For most cards offering the bonus at a lower $500 spend $100 is pretty standard. If you went for a TYP I'd go for the one with the bonus.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 3 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@MoreRewards wrote:
For most cards offering the bonus at a lower $500 spend $100 is pretty standard. If you went for a TYP I'd go for the one with the bonus.

+1

Citi will still flood your mailbox with balance transfer offers for years after approval, I would def take the offer with the bonus.

Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:

Right, but if you just want the bonus and can meet a higher spend, better to go for the standard offers and get 3x as much, or just go for another card with a better rewards structure and/or bonus.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.