cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chop Chop - CHASE, Got double pulled for CLI, then DENIED!!

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chop Chop - CHASE, Got double pulled for CLI, then DENIED!!

Done w chase because they didn't give you everything you want?

I fully understand its disappointing but be rational. Any other issuer could have done the same thing.
Message 11 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

I fully understand its disappointing but be rational. Any other issuer could have done the same thing.

Pretty much this; not getting a CLI on a card that arguably shouldn't be getting more than $1500/quarter in spend isn't really a big deal; my Freedom does just fine at a 1K limit actually for this purpose.  No intention of asking for a CLI on that card, ever, but I'll be somewhat shocked if I don't get at least 10K on my CSP app post-mortgage.

Wait for a few days then decide how you feel, but Chase really isn't known to be CLI friendly anyway, almost always, always better attempting to get a new account than a CLI with Chase from everyone's reports here.  

        
Message 12 of 28
mssher
New Contributor

Hi kdm31091 done with them because I'm trimming my portfolio and thought I would give them a chance to give me a CLI on a card that I've used regularly for the past year and PIF every month.  And the fact that they gave a 'lame' excuse is insulting.  I have too many other cards to keep a card from a lender who won't grow!

USAA AmEx 17,000 | USAA Visa 14,500 | BOA Visa 10,000 | BOA World MC 10,000 | Fifth Third 9,000 | Discover IT 13,500 | Barclay Apple Rewards 6,440 | AMEX BCE 6,000 | Citi DC 6,3000 | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig 5,000 | PenFed Visa Sig 5,000 | Alliant Visa 5,000 | Citi Sears 5,000 | State Farm Visa Sig 5,000 | CapOne QS 5,250 | Firestone 2,200 | Kohls 2,000 |
FICO 8: EX 782 - EQ 794 - TU 796 *** Goal: Decrease Number of Cards to 12 + store cards ***
Message 13 of 28
gwizdak24
Frequent Contributor

I honestly don't blame you. My chase is at 2k a year old. When the 0% promotion ends I'm closing. I inquired about a cli and was told it's a hard pull. Um no thank you. Besides I have much better cards to hold on to.
Message 14 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I don't get the CLI craze. 

I've pretty much stopped asking for CLIs because I don't really need them, and I'd rather save the HPs, and leave space for new accounts. CLIs dont get you rewards points =] 

Message 15 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I don't get the CLI craze. 

I've pretty much stopped asking for CLIs because I don't really need them, and I'd rather save the HPs, and leave space for new accounts. CLIs dont get you rewards points =] 

Right, one should only go for CLIs they actually need, IMO. Besides, getting constant CLIs just leads to less credit available for other cards when you apply later (the whole credit limit vs income factor).

Message 16 of 28
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

OP isn't done with Chase for not giving him/her everything they want--but for the LAME BS denial excuse (which Chase has become famous for lately)  they're using after doing a double pull on their CRs....the same reason I was done with them after they double pulled then denied me for the Marriott card 2 months ago. I can relate to how he/she feels!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 17 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

OP isn't done with Chase for not giving him/her everything they want--but for the LAME BS denial excuse (which Chase has become famous for lately)  they're using after doing a double pull on their CRs....the same reason I was done with them after they double pulled then denied me for the Marriott card 2 months ago. I can relate to how he/she feels!

This makes it seem like Chase gains something by pulling multiple credit reports for no reason, which they don't. 

Everyone knows the reasons for not getting a CLI can sometimes be wacky, that's why you call back up and say "Hey...I wanted a CLI, didn't get one...what can you do for me?" 

Message 18 of 28
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

This makes it seem like Chase gains something by pulling multiple credit reports for no reason, which they don't. 

Everyone knows the reasons for not getting a CLI can sometimes be wacky, that's why you call back up and say "Hey...I wanted a CLI, didn't get one...what can you do for me?" 

And that's when they give you the final slap across the face which is the icing on the cake (whether it's reconning a CLI or a denied application) by making you out to be a criminal or a buffoon for some kind of credit "mis-management"---in their opinion. At least this was my latest experience with them when trying to recon my denied Marriott application.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 19 of 28
happypill
Valued Contributor

Double pull for a CLI sucks.  Save up your HP and churn some Chase cards to show them what's up.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.